Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help as to whether or not a set of Eddie Bauer rear panels will fit around the factory roll bar I have in my 1996 XL Model? I currently have the flat black standard panels, but the upgraded style would give me storage pockets in the rear and dress up the interior a little. Thank you for your input.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
either or it can be trimmed to fit.

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Lets see some pics of the late model factory roll-bar man!!

You will have to drill a hole in the EB panel, but I have seen some pics of 'em both installed that look great.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yes you can use the EB. panels with the factory roll bar. You will have to modify the speaker covers, for the support bars to go through. The pictures below are links to more pictures of my roll bar in a 94 XLT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. To be honest w/you, I'm not sure the roll bar is factory, but it sure looks like it. I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance. My main concern is that the lower support of the roll bar runs the entire length of the rear cargo area, just below the window. This vehicle was a State of Florida Fish and Game Commission vehicle. Even came with the fixed spot light and law enforcement dome lights that are bright enough to give you a tan. My big worry is being shot at in the wood by a poacher :whiteflag. Here is a picture of the vehicle, but I will have to post a shot or two of the roll bar later. Thank you all!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/evans32780/detail?.dir=f427&.dnm=2176re2.jpg&.src=ph

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
That is one nice looking truck. looks like mine. mine was an old DNR truck, if it has the same roll bar as mine they are not factory. they were added by the state.

green is the way to go. how many miles are on it

heres mine

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
i have a set of eddie bauer rear panels for sale if anybody is interested. have the entire rear trim package all for sale if anybody needs it. i have totally stripped everything from the front seats back of all carpet and plastic.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Would that roll bar do much at all in the event of a roll over? Look at the 90 degree bends on the rear legs after the wheel well, and the bend at the bottom of the main hoop just before the floor.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
i got the same roll bar in mine and no that is not factory, but yes the rear panels will fit. you will have to take the roll bar out to get them in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the help guys, I think I'll wait a bit before I do anything. I'm not too sure about the way that roll bar is installed anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts