Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Thats it, I'm buying a powerball ticket tonight.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Wonder how much it would cost to build? I'll ask Hemi, he would know!:thumbup:histerica

·
Registered
871 Posts
:stupid

Shame he did all that work and didn't shorten it up. Kind of pointless to me. You're not going to get very far rock crawiling with 140+ inches of sheelbase.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Shame he did all that work and didn't shorten it up. Kind of pointless to me. You're not going to get very far rock crawiling with 140+ inches of sheelbase.
Doesn't look stock length to me. Have a look at that tube work in back. I don't see frame.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
There's a build thread for that on Pirate. The guy has over 100k in it from what I remember. I'm pretty sure that truck has spent more time getting fixed than actually wheelin and it has been abused everytime it was out. All that being said it's a sweet rig and I'd love to wheel it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
With that being an x-cab thats the shortest they could have gotten it and still had room for fuel cell. It has been shortened, it looks to be 125" is based on the tires, my reg cab '96 sits at 134" wb.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
thats soo bad ass, but its sooo long and it look like it needs more lift or somn
the less lift the better. lower stance low center of gravity. perfect for rock crawling .

are you sure about the wheelbase ? its riding on 53" tires. tall tires low stance, long wheelbase is good. besides with the front end out you have a far better approach angle. same with the rear you have a better departure angle.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
For the price it's at right now, IMHO, it's a steal. I agree, that thing has been broken more than it's been wheeled. I think the 53's kill it and those poor 60's with those tires on it.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
i love the look....but the 60s are a little weak for those tires, unless your really lite on the pedal

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
stupid 6 leaker

·
Registered
871 Posts
With that being an x-cab thats the shortest they could have gotten it and still had room for fuel cell. It has been shortened, it looks to be 125" is based on the tires, my reg cab '96 sits at 134" wb.
I have a quad cab short bed dodge with 136" wheelbase, give or take and inch. The front axle has been pushed forward and those 53's come no where near the back of the cab. That sucker isn't close to 125" wb.

·
Registered
871 Posts
the less lift the better. lower stance low center of gravity. perfect for rock crawling .

are you sure about the wheelbase ? its riding on 53" tires. tall tires low stance, long wheelbase is good. besides with the front end out you have a far better approach angle. same with the rear you have a better departure angle.
That's all true, but you have to proportion it out. Yes, 90 degree approach and departure angles are good, but that thing called breakover angle can be a real bitch. :doh0715: Not to mention maneuverability.

·
Registered
195 Posts
wow! that's located right down the road...literally I could walk there. I don't know how I missed that thing! Looks sweet. Maybe I'll cruise by and try to check it out before it's sold...20k is a pretty damn good deal.
-Justin

·
Registered
871 Posts
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538112&highlight=super+duty+rock+crawler

After some searching I found the build thread.

Doesn't sound like much of a wheeler to me. Maybe there are more links talking about it wheeling Todd? You can tell how long the wheelbase is by the pics on the bottom of page 1. I would say it isn't under 145" wb. The total length he said is 169". The fab work looks awesome but it definitely needs some changes. Axles or smaller tires and wheelbase mainly.

The bid is at 20k but it's on a reserve. Nobody's going to get that thing for less that 100k. But probably like Derrik said, 155k.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
How'd you find that on Pirate, I havent been able to get on Pirate in 2 days

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
That's all true, but you have to proportion it out. Yes, 90 degree approach and departure angles are good, but that thing called breakover angle can be a real bitch. :doh0715: Not to mention maneuverability.
either way , we are both correct. i wouldnt want it though. the truck is heavy and between the weight of the truck and size of those 53's , the axles are gonna take a shit sooner than later. its cool to see it though. its different.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts