Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time for the next EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway! One set of pads (front or rear) will be gifted to one randomly selected forum member from our entire range, just by participating in the below thread!

In past giveaways we have discussed our first ride, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

With respect to electric vehicles, the sound and mechanics of an internal combustion engine is a masterpiece, and as pressures increase from governments for the end of the ICE, this month we would like to pose the question; Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE car for the future, what car do you want to hold onto forever, and why?
Would you choose something economic like a Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost twin turbo, or go for power with the 5.2L V10 Lamborghini Huracan or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, or the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2022 and details will be posted on this forum shortly after.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0 four speed auto Raven black with red interior
131 Posts
Oh without a doubt I'm going to keep a 69 Boss 429 Mustang in raven black of course. Nothing like the feeling of a big block when you step on the loud pedal!
That's my dream car and I will have one some day.

·
Premium Member
1995 5.8, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, Extended RA's, 4.10's, 33" BFG's
6,590 Posts
Oh without a doubt I'm going to keep a 69 Boss 429 Mustang in raven black of course. Nothing like the feeling of a big block when you step on the loud pedal!
That's my dream car and I will have one some day.
You can steal John Wicks Mustang but I wouldn’t advise it

Reactions: EBC Brakes

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0 four speed auto Raven black with red interior
131 Posts
You can steal John Wicks Mustang but I wouldn’t advise it
Maybe I'll just ask him.
On second thought that cars been through it i think i'll look for another one.

·
Registered
93 FSB 5.8 EFI E4OD Punisher VB 6" BDS Stage II w/DSS 33" MT 4.10 Detroit TT Locker KN TBS JET Chip
208 Posts
Would you choose something economic like a Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost twin turbo, or go for power with the 5.2L V10 Lamborghini Huracan or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, or the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray?

To be quite honest, I've never been a fan of any of these vehicles except for the Lamborghini, Diablo to be exact. I know we're (human race) is going electric but the Mustang is making me take it with a grain of salt to see that. I have NEVER been a Dodge guy and don't care for a Hellcat anything. I know they are unique and perform in amazing ways but it has never been my style. The only Chevy I can look at is my 56 Bel-Air 4D Sedan. I can't look at 80 Stingray the way I'd look at a 69 Camaro SS. So this leaves me with the F-150. Although it wouldn't be my first choice, I know that I could utilize it for many reasons. I know I can tinker with the engine, suspension, powertrain, etc. It would give me something to do more than the other vehicles. That would be my keeper in this situation.

I have a 93 FSB XLT 5.8L and daddy needs a new pair of shoes!

·
Vendor
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

To be quite honest, I've never been a fan of any of these vehicles except for the Lamborghini, Diablo to be exact. I know we're (human race) is going electric but the Mustang is making me take it with a grain of salt to see that. I have NEVER been a Dodge guy and don't care for a Hellcat anything. I know they are unique and perform in amazing ways but it has never been my style. The only Chevy I can look at is my 56 Bel-Air 4D Sedan. I can't look at 80 Stingray the way I'd look at a 69 Camaro SS. So this leaves me with the F-150. Although it wouldn't be my first choice, I know that I could utilize it for many reasons. I know I can tinker with the engine, suspension, powertrain, etc. It would give me something to do more than the other vehicles. That would be my keeper in this situation.

I have a 93 FSB XLT 5.8L and daddy needs a new pair of shoes!
You dont have to choose between them, they were just examples. if you could choose anything at all, would it be your 93 FSB?

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 313K miles
1,895 Posts
I have been driving my 95 Bronco XLT (317K miles) as a Daily driver since July of 2014 when I took it to Auburn Maine for a 1 yr job assignment and to deal with the snow up there and I have a 2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8 sitting in the garage also but for some reason I like driving the Bronco and I don't know why but I do. I was never into Trucks my whole life until I drove the Bronco, I always drove a Fast 5 seater car and the Bronco is far from Fast. So I would keep the Bronco for its versatility and ease of working on it over the 6 other cars I have in my Garage as they were all at one time my Daily driver, I just chose to keep them instead of selling them and I would still choose the Bronco over anything else. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

·
Registered
93 FSB 5.8 EFI E4OD Punisher VB 6" BDS Stage II w/DSS 33" MT 4.10 Detroit TT Locker KN TBS JET Chip
208 Posts
You dont have to choose between them, they were just examples. if you could choose anything at all, would it be your 93 FSB?
Well, I just turned 43 on the 18th and bought this 93 as I call it "KRZHRSE" in April of 2018. I've always had a soft spot for Broncos since I had my first one when I was 21 (92 Eddie Bauer). I ended up selling it two years after since I was not coming back to the U.S. for a couple of years due to my Army obligations. I am still serving (19 years total). I didn't know what I had at the time and sometimes I think "woulda shoulda coulda".
Anyhow, there is something about the capabilities of an FSB. Also, not having to turn to a $eep to tackle trails and rocks. It's the super coolness waiting at a red light and someone pulls up next to me and tells me their story in 20 seconds when they had a Bronco. It's the kids' faces that light up and say "Merica" sometimes:ROFLMAO:.
I'm choosing my own Bronco because I know how to read the way she's feeling and tend to those needs, lol. I can't wait to get KRZHRSE into tip-top shape and let my son take it to a school full of Jeeper kids that don't know how to use what they have. It really is the "difference maker" when an FSB pulls up. No offense to anyone else out there, it's just cool.
Even Land Cruisers, 4Runners, and Comanche are cool to see out on the trails fully loaded and ready to rock.
Anyhow, I'm looking to go bigger on the rubber really soon and could use high-grade shoes to support the added size. Thank you for allowing the chance.

DM

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 MAF A/T 4x4 2.5" Lift
423 Posts
As much As I love the Boss9...... I would want a 427 SOHC Dual Quaded Hi-Rise Tunnel Ram and Cherry Bombs in a chopped 33 Ford 3 window coupe tubbed with wide as$ Micky Thompsons. Spreading carbon Monoxide, FEAR, and earth shattering thunder to those weak, blinder wearing, government believers, nose stuck up in the air ev pansies ...why because 'Merica and we say fk them :) lol Smell my race fuel with your nose so high in the air VVRRRROOOOOM!!!! Earth shakes violently for a 1/4 mile all round the car. Windows shatter and break for a mile round, Sirens go off, FEMA is called in, panic hits, state of emergency warnings go out, declaring a 10.5 earthquake is happening!

You, you sit there in the car smiling...no, you sit there in the car with a shtt eating grin and sun glasses on doing a burnout so long and smokey (car at a slight angle going down the street) that fire departments from neighboring towns are called thinking the whole block is on fire.

Life is good.

·
Premium Member
1995 5.8, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, Extended RA's, 4.10's, 33" BFG's
6,590 Posts
Would love to have my 69 ram air GTO Judge back. It’s funny because I earned the money to buy it by working for a company that packaged EBC motorcycle brake pads. The guy I sold it to was buying every GTO he ran across and stashed them away in a couple buildings in the desert, this was in mid to late 80’s, last I heard they are still out there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts