Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I looked and I was wondering is there an OBD1 MAF ECU for the 5.8? If so where can I find one or get one a part number would be helpful.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mustang computer?

Why not go with an A9P or A9L computer from a 5.0 mustang? I believe they can run a 5.8 and you can use a tweecer or moates quarterhorse if you find you need a more precise configuration... you will probably have to do some wiring anyway, right?

Bratcop

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiring I have lined up just need the ecu is all. If one for a 5.0 will work then I can grab it from work and a 5.0 truck MAF ECU then get the harness and I should be set.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mustang computer?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the mustang 5.0 computers have a more aggressive stock tune than a truck computer would have, which is why they are so often utilized, plus they have the J3 port which allows for the Tweecer or QH mods. Check it out, I found an A9P (5.0 auto trans (not computer controlled trans)) on CL for $45 shipped...

If the E40D is a computer controlled trans, then you can't use an A9P or L because they have no provisions for computer controlled trans (stick or c6 like trans only)
Bratcop

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Be sure and warned. I hope you know someone or have someone in the are that knows how to use a tuner. Or, if you have any experience with a tuner. Especially with a Moates. It's not as easy as 1,2,3. lol, And , if it is for you. Be expecting a PM from me. lol

Good luck my man.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the mustang 5.0 computers have a more aggressive stock tune than a truck computer would have, which is why they are so often utilized, plus they have the J3 port which allows for the Tweecer or QH mods.
Yes the Mustang computers have a more agressive stock tune than the truck, they also have more "stream lines" for tuning with tweecer than a truck computer.

Also even the SD eec's have the J3 port.

Heres my plan:
I want to do a Mass air conversion on my 89. My plan is the get the SD to Mass air harness for RJM, a 5.0 Mustang eec from 88-93 (with auto, w/o computer trans, cause I have AOD), and later a tweecer for more tuning.

**Another thing, If you get a Mass air computer from 94-up you have to move the air temp sensor to the air box.**

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the Mustang computers have a more agressive stock tune than the truck, they also have more "stream lines" for tuning with tweecer than a truck computer.

Also even the SD eec's have the J3 port.

Heres my plan:
I want to do a Mass air conversion on my 89. My plan is the get the SD to Mass air harness for RJM, a 5.0 Mustang eec from 88-93 (with auto, w/o computer trans, cause I have AOD), and later a tweecer for more tuning.

**Another thing, If you get a Mass air computer from 94-up you have to move the air temp sensor to the air box.**
I have the air box with the air temp sensor in it with the mass air, getting the harness isn't a problem either the ECU is what I need. If I can run a 5.0 ecu for an electronic tranny then I should be good if I am assuming correctly.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well I have a 94 Bronco 5.0 Mass air with the E4OD.

So mabe you should get a eec for a 94 bronco 5.0 w/ E4OD. Cause the wiring harness you have is for a 94-up eec

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
da branco

Stay away from OBD-II 96 stuff. Go wth the 94 ecm that has been mentioned.

Disregard my reply about tuning. If you are keeping the motor stock, you should be fine I believe.

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok I now have an ecu and the maf setup less harness, so what is the differance between the e4od and 4r70w. What I should be asking is an ecu for a 4r70w work for the e4od?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts