Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look on fireguys site and it showed the ECM part number and the cal code. does this mean that all f4tf aaa have the same calibration code or are there different ones for that model number?

Thanks in advance

ken

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
That's the Ford part number, the F4TF and AAA. They leave out the 12A650 because that's the 'common' part number, the only designation consistent from year to year.

The catch codes listed on fordfuelinjection.com are mostly the popular codes used for PCM swaps and change-overs to MAF. The part number should be unique for each catch code. For instance, the VEX1 and WAY1 PCMs are very similar, and even their programming is very similar, and can even be swapped by a tuner if so desired. But notice, each one also has its own unique part number (always look at the suffix!).

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So looking at the part numbers then. F4TF AAA is the one that matches mine so that is what i need. no matter what the Calibration code is. The only other one listed for the same set up is APA but that is for the truck with 4r70 transmission. i just want to make sure i order the correct computer

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Yep, should be good. :thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts