Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I searched, no luck.

Not to sound like a pixi stick..but where the heck is this dang ECT sensor located at?? I looked in my Haynes manual..and it has everything but anything about an ECT sensor, except a picture of the motor with an arrow pointing to the ALT..

I looked around that area and really couldn't find anything.. Does anyone know??

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
to the right of the Throttle body, behind/left the diztributor.

looks like the one circled in red, except it should be screwed in where the blue is

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet!!

is this the part I need (I bought)

Or do I need this one? why do they offer so many!!! I need the one that talks to the computer..not the guage in my truck..

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,565 Posts
The bottom one is what you need. The top one is the gauge sender. And make sure the sensor you buy has the brass body. I cannot stress that enough.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so the picture above..the one circled in red is the part I need..I figured that was the part to replace last night..but the peice I had was the first picture I posted..which apparently is the part that reads on my guage..

Thanks for the help!

And yes, Handy Andy, at the auto parts store last night, I told the guy too "I need whatever cheapest one there is that has the brass bolt end.." and he looked at me, knew I drove a Nissan Titan, and said "plastic doesn't work for you huh?.." lol

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,565 Posts
:histerica times :rofl:=:santa
Honestly, that's a good one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts