Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking to figure out why my Rear ABS light stays on. I am considering a OBD tool. and i was wondering is there a OBD 1 or 2 that is for a 1992 Ford Bronco fullsize w/ 5.0L 302 v-8? please help? i went to a schucks oreilly auto store and theyu told me i had to do it manually. i am wondering is there anything other than a manual way to get trouble codes without counting the flashes from the check engine light(which doesnt flash anyway or stays on) so i am confused what to do?

·
Super Moderator
25,823 Posts
yo;
The self test for the RABs sys is real ez and the usual CEL code reader won't work for this test.
RABS Self Test Diagnostic Connector Location pic in a 92; under glove box
Source: by Jeremy M (Big 92, jermil01) at FSB

RABS Self Test; except 93-96; "...from the 1990 Ford Truck Shop Manual. when Yellow ANTILOCK light is on & Red BRAKE light is off - is on; EXTENSIVE VERSION
Source: by ElKabong (Ken, El Kabong) at FSB

do it and post the Codes here

==
as for "the check engine light(which doesnt flash anyway or stays on) so i am confused what to do?"
Check Engine Light (CEL) Overview in 92-96; "...The check engine warning indicator comes on when the electronic engine control system is not working properly. The check engine warning indicator comes on briefly when the ignition switch lock cylinder is turned to ON, and should turn off when the engine starts. If the check engine warning indicator does not come on when the ignition switch lock cylinder is turned to ON or if it comes on while the vehicle is moving, the system is malfunctioning

You can try and get it scanned for the DTCs at a local store for free. But the self test is an ez test and you'll know it was done correctly.
The engine temperature must be greater than 50°F (10°C) to pass the KOEO Self-Test and greater than 180°F (82°C) to pass the KOER Self-Test. Run it around to heat the engine up and shift thru all gears incl Reverse. then; turn off all accesories/lights, etc. Make sure A/C is off and transmission is in Park (automatic) or Neutral (manual), release clutch. Do Key On Engine Off (KOEO) portion first. For Key On Engine Running (KOER) portion, the engine has to be @ normal operating temp.

GL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts