Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is my problem. I have a 93 Speed Density 5.0 bronco which i recently built a new engine for the setup is as follows
Mustang 5.0 .030
windsor jr. cast heads
B303
harland sharp rockers 1.6
Edelbrock truck efi
BBK TB twin 56mm
BBK adj FPR
now heres my problem the guy i want to bring it to for the tuning says that with speed density all he can do is fuel and spark curves for $400+ but the engine is barely running right now is there any other options i can do maybe swapping to mass air? like later bronco ecu for a 5.0 w/ e40d and mass air? i also have a mustang ecu with the maf sensor but the tuner guy said that i would need a stand alone comp for the e40d from baumannengineering to run it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanx in advance

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Look up tweecer, I believe that is what you will need from what I have heard around here.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Or swap to mass air like you said...

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
You can load a Lightning image on that stock computer with a TwEECer, and tune it yourself.

Mass air is another option... I'd start with checking the load junkyards and see if you can get a MAF conversion together... and if you can't, then I'd go the TwEECer route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i was going to try the maf conversion but will any comp from a bronco or f series with a maf and e40d work cause i also have the ho/351 firing order

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
ok well i was going to try the maf conversion but will any comp from a bronco or f series with a maf and e40d work cause i also have the ho/351 firing order
Get a MAF computer from a 94+ bronco, the whole harness, the MAF meter, and swap it all over.

Be careful about using ones out of an F150. Some F150's with MAF and the electronic OD trans had 4R70w's in them.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
that is your problem, you will never get speed density to run with that cam. You should have done some research before you did all this work, now you have to swap out the camshaft, do a search on this subject.

Even if you did go to MAF, that is the wrong cam for a heavy truck

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
that is your problem, you will never get speed density to run with that cam. You should have done some research before you did all this work, now you have to swap out the camshaft, do a search on this subject.

Even if you did go to MAF, that is the wrong cam for a heavy truck
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=899

says it will work with Mass air?

I am not hugely versed in the B303 cam, but it does not look that big, unless it is the lobe centers which make it a shitty cam?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the shortblock i had laying around and thats what it had ir says it makes power from 1500 to 5500 and i matched the other parts accordingly i think it will be fine as soon as i can tune it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts