Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would my EB model not have intermittent wipers? I thought this was "top of the line".

Is the delay module integral to the switch, or do I need more than that to have delay?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Did you turn the knob to the left?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,148 Posts
:stupid

My 90 XLT has intermittent wipers. The knob rotates to the right for normal speeds & to the left for intermittent use. Center is off.

Have you found the tilt steering lever yet?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you turn the knob to the left?
No. Well, shit....:duh

:stupid

My 90 XLT has intermittent wipers. The knob rotates to the right for normal speeds & to the left for intermittent use. Center is off.

Have you found the tilt steering lever yet?
There is a tilt lever?!? :toothless

Funny stuff, bongman...:beer

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, now I have a new problem. I went out and turned the wiper knob to the left and they would come on, but then off, then back on, then back off again, and so on......:doh0715:

Thanks, fellers. I'm gonna go wash the egg off now....

·
Registered
642 Posts
No. Well, shit....:duh

There is a tilt lever?!? :toothless

Funny stuff, bongman...:beer
Good luck finding it. I always thought my old bronco had fixed steering in a very uncomfortable position. Then I tried to buy a turn signal switch for a fixed sterring wheel and learned something new

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
The 1987 Bronco Owners Guide has 243 pages, do you have any idea how many tweets that would take?

·
Super Moderator
26,076 Posts
The 1987 Bronco Owners Guide has 243 pages, do you have any idea how many tweets that would take?
yo Mikey, In addition the 96 Bronco Owners Guide by Hiller Ford has 380 pages and addresses topics such as;
"...High Beams
To turn on the high beams, turn the headlamp control knob to the headlamp ON position and push the turn signal lever away from you until it latches. When the high beams are ON, the high beam indicator light on the instrument
panel comes on. To turn off the high beams, pull the lever toward you until it latches. The high beam indicator light turns off... read more & see depictions

The Turn Signal Lever
You can use the turn signal lever on the left side of the steering column to:
operate the turn signals and cornering lamps
turn the high beams on/off
flash the lights
turn the windshield wipers and washer on/off... read more & see depictions

Turn Signals
Move the lever up to signal a right turn. Move it down to signal a left turn. The corresponding indicator light in the instrument cluster will flash... read more & see depictions

In addition to two speed wipers, your vehicle is equipped with wipers that you can set to operate at varying intervals. For example, you can set the interval so they wipe less often when it drizzles or more often in heavier rain... read more & see depictions
etc.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too bad Ford didn't publish a book or pamphlet that explains how each vehicle works. :shrug

:rolleyes:
....but then it wouldn't be as much fun as getting sarcastic comments from you guys! :toothless

Btw, do you know of any good deals on an air compressor right now? I was thinking of making my own out of a large propane tank I found in the woods, but it looks pretty old....

:goodfinge

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
... a large propane tank I found in the woods, but it looks pretty old....
:wtf

Like Steve83 said, what could go wrong? Just build an explosion proof enclosure for the tank.

·
Super Moderator
26,076 Posts
yo, As Mikey advised, what could go wrong? BUT, according to old friend, Murphy, it has gone wrong...LOL

Here is a typical, "I shoulda article";
Bill's About Air Compressors
Use propane tank for air compressor
"...The major problem associated with using a propane tank as an air tank is that the tanks is just welded steel so one should coat the inside of the tank with a rust preventative paint and the tank new plumbing should allow for the draining of water from the tank. ie the tank should be upside down with a drain valve at the lowest level. Removing the old propane valve is the most difficult part of the conversion. After removing the valve por in the rust preventative paint put the valve back on temporarily and roll the tank and turn it end over end several times so the whole insides of the tank gets coated with paint. Remove valve, drain out excess paint and let the tank dry for several days before adding new pipes and valves. Include a pressure relief valve.

Good that a propane tank is built to withstand 140 PSI. But... what is it rated for in terms of higher pressure. That you need to find out as your typical DIY type air compressor will discharge 150 PSI, and some of the more industrial types will send 200+ PSI into the tank.

If the propane tank is rated with a burst pressure exceeding twice the maximum pressure the compressor would put into it, then sure, use it, along with the PRV set to blow off way below the burst pressure of the tank, as the writer suggests. The thing is, if you don't know the burst pressure of the tank, don't use it! At least as far as I'm concerned..."

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was kidding, guys!!

I may be ignorant enough to not think of turning my non-descript wiper knob to the left for the delay function, but I would never drag an old, rusty, anonymous tank out of the woods, patch it together, and try to make an air compressor out of it!
;)

·
Super Moderator
26,076 Posts
yo G,
It was just a opp to post something relevant to Murphy's Law. and for those who use rusted tanks to save a few $, but ...

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
yo G,
It was just a opp to post something relevant to Murphy's Law. and for those who use rusted tanks to save a few $, but ...
I never looked, but I AM surprised the inside of a propane tank isn't coated for rust inhibition.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I was kidding, guys!!

I may be ignorant enough to not think of turning my non-descript wiper knob to the left for the delay function, but I would never drag an old, rusty, anonymous tank out of the woods, patch it together, and try to make an air compressor out of it!
;)
I believed you had posted the most satirical, baiting and sardonic post in the string. You know it is good when it invokes additional conversation. I think most of us got that...

Good one! You win!!! :chili: :histerica

1 - 20 of 20 Posts