Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the "Air Intake Holes" in the eddie bower style bumper line up with the frame mounts?

I need to add front tow points and was considering cutting up my standard '94 bumper as many people suggest when i noticed that there are already holes in the eddie bower style bumper that look all neet and trim....

http://www.partstrain.com/products/Bumper_(Front)/1994~FORD~BRONCO.html

Thanks,
NJB

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bronco Rob said:
Eddie Bauer....not Bower.
pish posh!

Stinks that I have to cut up my bumper.. I guess its not too bad if I get some kind of rubber molding to edge the cuts.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I use black hose and it turned out nice.

Edit: Best pick I could find. Click to see full size.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm in Northern NJ and have a brand new Eddie Bauer front bumper you can buy real cheap if you want to pick it up. It's not perfect so I didnt put it on my truck and I didn't return it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MajSuckelton said:
I use black hose and it turned out nice.

Edit: Best pick I could find. Click to see full size.

Thats looks really nice! Where did you get the D rings that are long enough to stick out like that?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
njbuck said:
Thats looks really nice! Where did you get the D rings that are long enough to stick out like that?
They aren't D rings, just regular old 10K lb hooks bolted to the frame horns through 1/2" on steel where the angle bracket for the bumper mount is.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh cant tell in the photo.. thanks for the info...

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
what size/kind of hose is that you used to edge it??

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
broncoorboat said:
what size/kind of hose is that you used to edge it??
5/8 ths fuel line hose IIRC. Just cut through one side of it with a box cutter and fill the tube part with permatex weather stripping adhesive and stick it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts