Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Edelbrock 1460 electric choke carb on my 1984 Bronco with the 351 H.O. It has 310K on it. How do I adjust this properly? I know you turn the two mixture screws in the front. I know where the idle screw is, but which of the two is the air and which is the fuel? Are they both fuel? How do you adjust the secondaries? Any info would be helpful. I have emissions very soon and would like to have it adjusted properly.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
i don't know much abot edelbrocks, but on holley's you can change out the accelorator pump spirngs, adjust the float level, adjust curb idle, you may need to change out the jets. Your user manual for the carb should expalin a lot of it.

If you looking to get more power it may just be time for a 310K is a lot of miles. Have you done a compression check? Is it making any tapping or knocking sounds?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, we had it since it was new. We took good care of it. It has good compression dont use oil or leak or make any sounds. I can run it smoothly at 500 rpm easily. I don't have a regulator on it. Soon...like in the spring I am putting an Edelbrock intake, Holley fuel pump and a Holley carb on it. I really like that Holley truck off-road carb. But for now I want to learn how to adjust this properly.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Hey yo, you going to the Midwest chapter M&G in June?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know of any things around here like that..is there some kind of mailing list or somthing? I never know when these things are going on. :(

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Here are the details
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56744

Just keep an eye on the Midwest Chapter forum for different events or local runs. :beer

EDIT: btw, you may wanna consider a Quadrajet instead of the Holley if you want to save some mullah and get the same or better performance ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I work at Advance Auto and get a discount. Plus im not putting a GM carb on a Ford. Quad. carbs have too many gaskets and leak. I can get that Holley for 225.00 retails for about 400

·
Registered
490 Posts
im running the edelbrock aswell. each screw controls one side of the motor. i believe it was you turn the screws all the way to right then to 1/4 turn increments till it sounds good. you turn them both at the same time. oh and make sure you have the vacuum disconnected from the carb when your doing it.
i do it by ear so, hope you have a good ear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts