Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the used edelbrock3841 intake manifold set I was gonna buy got sold. I keep hearing conflicting stories on them. My motor isnt super built, its basically stock with edelbrock performer heads and some jba headers.Is the intake worth the 750 for it? Also going to add a bbk 56mm TB to replace my 20 year old crusty one. Thoughts please?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,051 Posts
the truck 351 intake is not very good. I Have the Edelbrock intake and I would buy it again, or one setup for a mustang maybe instead of the truck specific upper but regardless. I think this would really help you since you also have good heads and headers. Is the intake worth it on a stock headed truck maybe not so much but I feel you will see a bigger difference since you have the rest of the parts to go along with it.
It does say you have a 95 in your INFO, if its MAF that would be good thing. If your still speed density you may want to watch for signs of running lean.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is MAF, but i just realized I forgot to put that I have a 302 not 351I heard the stock one is supposedly pretty good:doh0715:

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,051 Posts
Your part number was for the 302 so I should have looked it up.... I know less about those. That maybe fairly accurate then on not a huge gain with the intake. The truck 302 lower is actually a good piece stock.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool. Thanks brother! That is pretty much what I am finding... all the noticeable gains have been on 351 intake swaps

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
The general consensus on FSB is the 302 intake is good even with heads, cam and exhaust and not worthy of an upgrade. On a 351 the factory piece is definitely a restriction and should be upgraded if any improvements on the engine are desired.

hth
tim

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok so the used edelbrock3841 intake manifold set I was gonna buy got sold. I keep hearing conflicting stories on them. My motor isnt super built, its basically stock with edelbrock performer heads and some jba headers.Is the intake worth the 750 for it? Also going to add a bbk 56mm TB to replace my 20 year old crusty one. Thoughts please?

i gotta ask if you ever put an edelbrock intake on your truck cuz i am looking to do the same on my bronco and wanna know if anyone else in california has put one on there truck and had trouble at the smog shop because of it. i see your from fresno so we may have seen each others trucks around town since I'm from clovis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts