Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am wanting to buy one but i want to make sure of a few things. It appears it has a single port throttle body instead of our stock 2 ports. Correct? Also where can you buy throttle bodies for out car? I looked at summit and saw some for mustangs and lightings. Will these work?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
The Edelbrock intake would be a good upgrade for you, seeing as you have the 5.8L

BBK throttle bodies are popular, and yes they are made for these trucks. 56MM is popular.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
It appears it has a single port throttle body instead of our stock 2 ports. Correct?
No. You're looking at the setup for passenger cars. All of the bolt-on truck intakes are of the twin-bore TB design.

Also where can you buy throttle bodies for out car? I looked at summit and saw some for mustangs and lightings. Will these work?
Virtually any after-market parts retailer carries throttle bodies for Mustangs/Lightnings and trucks. They're a huge rip-off for what you get, IMHO. Especially the BBK stuff (just MHO, so :p ).

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well as some of might have seen swat is selling his bc he went with a supercharger. And he said his has been ported to accomodate a 75 mm throttle body. Does anybody know where i can get one?

·
Registered
861 Posts
a stang one might work...

and if u havent brought the performer, maybe look at the typhoon, same thing but cheaper if ur willing to do a gasket port job...have one on my stang and it worked well

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Any size single bore throttle body will work. Why anyone would want to use the restrictive stock throttle body with a high flow intake is beyond me! Performance stuff! E-bay or Corral.net are good sources for used throttle bodies. You would also need to adapt the intake hoses with a "Y" to the single bore throttle body and get a mustang EGR spacer. A wrecking yard could be the place to get it all cheap!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
It won't matter how much the intake and/or throttle body flows if your heads suck.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
personally on a bronco i would just have the twin throttle body ported because ive been told buy every machine shop i visit that the twin throttle bodies flow better, even better with a K&N
I'd have to see proof of this. I beleive a single larger tube would flow better than two small ones. Anecdotal proof, but that is why Mustangs run a single. That said two small blades opening make for a more even flow vs openiing a large 90mm single so a dual will come off idle nicer and need less or no tuning compared to adding a large single bore throttle body.

It won't matter how much the intake and/or throttle body flows if your heads suck.
touchet! :duel And it won't matter if you got a good intake and heads but it's constipated with a restrictive exhaust!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
I'd have to see proof of this. I beleive a single larger tube would flow better than two small ones. Anecdotal proof, but that is why Mustangs run a single. That said two small blades opening make for a more even flow vs openiing a large 90mm single so a dual will come off idle nicer and need less or no tuning compared to adding a large single bore throttle body.
This part won't matter much to us truck guys. The truck intake plenum is actually two surge tanks in a single plenum. If you take off the throttle body, you'll see what I mean. The separate, smaller TBs keep velocity high, which is very important for torque production. Why else would Ford have stuck with such small-dimension intake and exhaust ports?

touchet! :duel And it won't matter if you got a good intake and heads but it's constipated with a restrictive exhaust!
I must add that on a street-driven vehicle, you're much better off going a little too small than a little too big. Mine narrows down to a single 2.5-inch muffler and factory tailpipe, and she runs great and pulls all the way to the rev limiter. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i plan on running shorties and 2.5 maybe 3" back. and my heads will have a gasket port done with a three angle valve job. So its all kind of covered

·
Registered
861 Posts
the tb is a dual port only because of the way the stock intake is set, as sead above, ones for torque and ones for h.p, with the upgraded intake itll be set up for only one throttle body, so a d.p is useless

if ur running high 200's to low 300's a 65 or 70 is the way to go, any bigger and ur lossing torque, anysmaller and ur just working against urself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts