Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I hope it isn't true.

I had a trans problem, ended up my pass side courtesy light switch was shorting and blowing the #8 fuse. But in the process I ended up doing both the KOEO and KOER tests. my results were:
KOEO-111, 512
KOER-99

Both tests indicate that my EEC needs to be replaced(from what I can gather from my searching abilities). Problem is, I dont know what the symptoms would be... but my truck runs/drives fine! I wouldn't have noticed anything at all wrong with it, other than these codes. None of the infamous "fuel pump" issues I've read about.

Is my eec really dead? or is there another reason I would be getting these codes?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ok, awesome! lol. I used that site for the instruction on how to do the tests. I didnt read that because i was in fact throwing codes. But my truck does have some extensive electrical problems.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
What leads you to believe that the EEC is going dead? Just codes? When mine was going out it was getting sparadic, no air fuel or spark conditions.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats it, just the codes! not acting/running/driving any different than normal. I was pulling codes for another reason, when I got those codes.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
When is the last time you disconnected your battery? 512 usually means the battery was disco'd before test was run. i started getting that as a koer code when my eec went to shit.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Your truck will display 3 digit error codes. The KOER test result of 99 is not valid. You need to rerun the test. It would be a good idea to remove the negative lead of the battery for 5-10 minutes then re-run the tests to clear out any old codes from the past.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your truck will display 3 digit error codes. The KOER test result of 99 is not valid. You need to rerun the test. It would be a good idea to remove the negative lead of the battery for 5-10 minutes then re-run the tests to clear out any old codes from the past.
http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=48
check that site.

KOER code 99= EEC system hasn�t learned to control idle.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,754 Posts
yo,

From the Ford Shop Manual:

Continuous Memory DTC 512 indicates the PCM has experienced a power interrupt in its Keep Alive Memory (KAM) circuit.
Make sure you have a good ground at G101 (passenger side of engine compartment, behind headlight next to and just fwd of battery, on inner fender..location diagram, G101; by Ford via subford (Bill K) at photobucket

NOTE:
If KAPWR is interrupted to the PCM, for example when installing a breakout box, or when battery is disconnected, DTC 512 may be stored in Continuous Memory.
I hate to disco the EEC (PCM).... freakkin wiring is too sensitive... pins get frigged up. etc. etc.

Key off.
Disconnect Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Inspect for damaged or pushed out pins, corrosion, loose wires, etc. Service as necessary.
Install breakout box, leave PCM disconnected.
Measure voltage between Test Pin 1 and Test Pin 40 or 60 at the breakout box.
While observing DVOM, grasp the EEC-IV harness and wiggle, shake or bend a small section while working from the PCM to the dash panel.
Does DVOM indicate less than 10.5 volts?

In other words you are losing power to pin one of the PCM. Check your wiring to pin one of the PCM

Connector Pin-Out Diagram & Overview
Source: by Fireguy50 (Ryan M) at fordfuelinjection.com

&
Connector/& Pin, Disconnecting by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=74

1 - 12 of 12 Posts