Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,New here.I just wanted to say great web..Very useful and big help:)

Ill be straight to the point tho.

My bronco sat for about 4 years..I recently started it,had some work done on it,,Starter,Fuel filter\pump replacment,ect.
It drove fine for a number of months,,,A lil bit of lag..But havent really had money to fix it up like i want.

Anyways i started working on it,,and noticed some EEC codes that would come and go so i decide to test it following the Haynes repair manual.I no my iac went bad so the idle was eratic..But after the test my check engine was constant..And would severly bog down when gas was applied.

Here are the codes:
118...637...126...123...113...337...654...Seems to be all sensors.
Any idea what teh problem might be...I think i may have shorted the computer while doing the test...Olny after did i realize all i had to do was ground the STI.
this is how i did it...with out the Volt-Meter
Any help would be apprriciated..Thx.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=50
113 - Air Charge Temp Sensor
118 - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
123 - Throttle Position Sensor
126 - Map sensor out of self test range
337 - EVP circuit above max limit
637 - TOT sensor above max voltage.
654 - MLP sensor not in Park Position

Sounds like you did in fact put power to something that wasn't suppose to have it. Possible on a ref. voltage line or something else. Did you try clearing the codes and running the KOER and KOEO self tests to see what comes back. were you unplugging any sensors prior to pulling the codes?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
It also sounds like the codes were pulled before the engine was warmed up. must warm up first then pull codes. I would clear them, run it for a while so it's nice and warm and pull them again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the reply mag.
I did infact unplug the iac (and cleaned it)...I had a vac. leak and had to disconnect the TB\TPS to replace the gasket.
Also i did clear the codes and they immediately came back.
And if i may ask...What do you mean by "Ref. voltage line"

P.S. if there was a short would all sensors have to be replaced,,Or just maybe a fuse replaced?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts