Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the constant hot to my eec relay is no longer hot, i am guessing the fusable link has failed but i cant find it. the haynes says there is one just before and just after the relay. i can find the one just after but not the one before the relay. i just ran a wire from the battery to the relay and i was wondering if this will be o.k. permanantly.:shrug

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
My diagrams show it as being the yellow wire from the starter relay, which is that round black thing right behind the battery. If it's not the fusible link, it may be the starter relay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the help:thumbup

now that its running again it has a really bad miss. i changed the plugs wires cap and rotor when it first broke down about six weeks ago. i wonder if i have an injector clogged up from sitting so long.:banghead

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
No the memeory got cleared, and the truck is old. It needs to re-learn how to run your crappy engine :goodfinge
Drive it around for an hour at different types of driving, it will get better.

Now stop mis-treating your truck :toothless

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx fireguy50 i'll give that a shot.
by the way i've had this truck since 1995, it had 110,000 miles on it when i bought it and it has 198,000 miles on it now. all with minimal maint. this is the first real problem i've ever had.:beer

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
198,000 miles on it now sounds like it's curent problem. The EFI smoothed it over so you wouldn't know. Now that the EFI has defaulted you are getting a real picture of how this engine truely runs.

WOW I love EFI :thumbup cool shinzit huh kids :thumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts