Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the deal, i picked up a 351 complete with everything from a 1990 bronco. The harness and everything is in great condition. im wanting to swap this into my 1996 f150 to replace the current i-6 and obdII crap. anyhow, the computer harness will work because i am picking up a ford racing mass air conversion kit. So heres my question, the harness's from the two trucks are different, one with the round harness plug and mine with the squarish harness plug. if im being unclear its the plug that goes from all the under dash wires to the engine compartment. how can i make this work? Cut and splice the harnesses together? are the wires the same? anyone with suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys i'll take some pics and post them up later to show exactly what im talking about.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did a mass air swap V-8 on my 91 I-6, but i used a mustang harness and had to splice 8 wires from the engine harness to the round plug chassis harness , fuel pump monitor , key on , 12v, start , and mygauge wires, i would get wire diagrams for both trucks and start traceing before i cut anything if i saw some pics i could tell you more

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah i'll get some pics, but the 1990 harness came with the round plug chassis harness and my 1996 has the squareish one.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
william_ace said:
Cut and splice the harnesses together?
Yep. Get a wiring diagram for both.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,840 Posts
I have a harness like that from my 5.8 swap . the harness came from a 95 f250. let me know if you interested. it would work great here and be more plug/play for ya

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey kemical sent ya a pm, thanks for the advice. maybe this newer harness will work better. we shall see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts