Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question? Ok so i just got a 92 bronco with 351 and like 150,000 miles on it. It starts up n runs great in park or idle, but as soon as i put a load on the motor, like driving down the road, it acts as if the fuel filter is clogged. If i floor it it will jump up and go fine, but just cruising it misses and sounds like crap. First thing i did was change plugs n wires and cap and rotor, new fuel pump and filter, found some vaccum leaks n fixed them, but nothing still runs the same...

Checked eec-iv code reader, no major problems, only some emmissions codes as im not running the egr or smog pump.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could b causing this?

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Have you checked the timing and fuel pressure? If not do so and get back to us.

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Make sure your ground wires are secure. I had a similar issue and today I replaced the msd coil with my original coil and it running fine, at the same time I was changing the coil I noticed the ground wire had a wiggle and tightened it down. tommorrow i'm gonna put the msd coil back and see if it runs good or not. I have a feeling it might of been the ground connection at my battery now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i finally had time to check the timing, it was way off. Turns out the previous owner had set it by ear as if it was a lawnmower.
It runs great when the timing is correct
Lol
Thanks for the replies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts