Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I dyno'd the EFI 460 today, took her on a mustang dynojet, (brake horsepower) and pulled 185 HP and 270 lb/ft of TQ, which worked out to a 35% powertrain loss, is 250 HP and 365 lb/ft of TQ, I still have to edit the video footage that was taken, but here are some pics of the 7 trucks that ran today

http://voyager.angelheadedhipsters.com/ftw

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Umm :shrug :goodfinge :confused: :shrug :goodfinge
My little Super Lightning pulled a 160HP 248ft/Lbs at the rear wheels.

Not bad for having 97 cubes more than me :goodfinge
Only gave ya 15HP and 22tq more

:goodfinge

Keep working on that harness plan And will get that 460 Mass air and pumping out more power.

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do, but..... remember that is a bone stock engine, the only mod done to it, is dual exhausts, that's it, so yeah it's not too bad, done on a mustang dynojet, yeah the dyno operator said that the engine was really strangulated, if it was opened up more, there'd be alot more power on tap

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
How come only you and I are posting to this thread? :confused:

Everyone want's to talk about performance, but when the check is due at the dyno, no body speaks up.

YA BUNCH OF PU$$Y'S! you can build what ever ya want with tons of cash, but if ya aint got numbers.........

Talk is cheap :goodfinge :beer

AND more importantly, how can you give advise on your engine combo; exhaust, headers, intake, engine size, ect? You don't know what gains it actually produced :confused:
Everyone wants to be a cowboy, no-one wants to get on the horse

I'm gona re-dyno this week just for fun and to see what gains the EGR removal got me :thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
It can cost anywhere from $20-$70 depending on how they do it, and what they do during the dyno.

Also a real dyno does not get affected by gear ratio and tire size.
The dyno can caculate the ratios by RPM vs wheel speed. You will have a little more power loss from the trans case and larger tires, but the numbers are real , like 'em or not

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's where this Mustang Dynojet (brake hprsepower) comes into play, it constantly keeps a load on the wheels, isntead of running up a drum (inertia)
so it gives you the real world in the road hp, not some either inflated/deflated # from an inertia dyno

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Has anyone said "Good job Tom" ? :banghead

Or is everyone just assuming they can do better :twak

Good Job tom! :beer :thumbup

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You, this is my baseline run before I rebuild the 460

the dyno cost me $60 Cdn, it takes about 20 mins from backing on the dyno, to driving off, the newer 4.6's, 5.4's and Deisels were a little longer as they had to put reflective tape on the crank for an optical RPM sense,

we had a Superduty max out at 538 lb/ft of TQ today, runing 80 hp microtuner, cetane additive, and K&N Filter

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump....

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Don't worry about the lack of comments Tom. People watch those Fast n Ferious movies too much and they think our numbers are too low. They judge us as lossers, or are now too afraid of what their stock engines produce to speak.

Thanks for the support A holes :mad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
THose numbers arnt the greatest for a 750lb bigblock. Id be willing to bet with some serious tuneing you could pick up an extra 50lbft throughout the whole rpm range. A set of headers and a nicely setup timing curve would wake that sucker right up.

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know it needs waking up, that's exactly what the dyno told me, that's one of the main reasons why I wanted to do it, to see what she baselines at, before I start modifying it, I mean there is a full porting and polishing coming up, total rebuild with cam, extrudehoneing the upper and lower intake, mabye headers if I can get a set to fit, so I mean there will be a bit done but, now it gives me a base number to work off of

Like Ryan said how do you know how much extra power the engine is putting out after doing any mods if you don't find out what the baseline is?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I normaly do timed runs from 20-70mph as a baseline. Its cheaper then going to a dyno after every mod. As for the mods you have listed it sounds good but, I would probably skip the port job if you dont have access to a flow bench and just do a good performance 3angle valve job. The reson i say you should skp the port job is that chances are unless you have been doing it for many years you could seriously hurt the low lift flow of the heads.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,965 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
too afraid of what their stock engines produce to speak.
lol, thats close!
Actually, i personally never really cared that much. My truck still runs good, and thats enough for me!:toothless

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm going to get my cousin to port and polish my heads, he builds race engines for a living, so I beleive htat he knows what he is doing

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
reptillikus said:
Actually, i personally never really cared that much. My truck still runs good, and thats enough for me!:toothless
:stupid If i knew actual #'s it would depress me, so i'd rather not know..

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,948 Posts
I agree, I know my numbers would be really s**ty, but my rig generally runs fine for what I need it to do, and I'm not going to win any drag races, so it doesn'y really bother me that much.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts