Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my Bronco 351 is not running very sweet I intend converting to carb and since I live in North Scotland I want to get this right first time as parts are not easy to get ;)

Question is, what will I need to complete this task, obviously I need a manifold and carb but which ones are best suited, and do I need to change ECU so the auto box works, my Bronco is a 1990 5.8 (351W) any ideas ?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,501 Posts
First, welcome to the site. :beer You'll find no shortage of information from people who have switched from EFI to carb, but more have probably switched from carb to EFI. Why not focus on getting your EFI running correctl? I think overall you'd be more happy in the long run.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
If you use it off road any the carb will be a bad choice trust me I was having trouble with mine last year and was ready to throw in the towel and do the carb thing I am so glad I was talked out of it after a few wheeling trips with a carbed rig trying to stay running in weird angles that my fuel injected 351w just idled patiently through.

·
Registered
83 Posts
First, welcome to the site. :beer You'll find no shortage of information from people who have switched from EFI to carb, but more have probably switched from carb to EFI. Why not focus on getting your EFI running correctl? I think overall you'd be more happy in the long run.
^^This^^

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys and for the advice, my intentions are to use the 5" suspension lift from an F150 and investigate further the faults but with no tool available to plug in and read codes its a bit hit or miss ;)

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys and for the advice, my intentions are to use the 5" suspension lift from an F150 and investigate further the faults but with no tool available to plug in and read codes its a bit hit or miss ;)
no special tool needed.

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13

1 - 7 of 7 Posts