Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that everyone says that if you do any kind of serious mods to the engine it should be swapped from speed density to mass air....but what about changing from carb to efi....all the systems for sale are speed density?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
pdxbronco said:
all the systems for sale are speed density?
The aftermarket systems you are talking about all use a custom burnt chip specificly desighned to the mods of your engine.

You can also get all the stuff to make a factory Mass-Air system.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Probably could find an SD setup off a Bronco faster. What serious mods have you done that makes you need to go straight to MA?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its bone stock right now just looking down the line.....honestly my biggest problem right now is figuring out the hacked harness behind the dash....

both windows worked fine the first 2 days then the passnger window got stuck down yesterday and now today the drivers side window wont go up.... hope to figure something out by friday....supposed to get snow showers:banghead :twak

·
1,739 Posts
pdxbronco said:
its bone stock right now just looking down the line.....honestly my biggest problem right now is figuring out the hacked harness behind the dash....

both windows worked fine the first 2 days then the passnger window got stuck down yesterday and now today the drivers side window wont go up.... hope to figure something out by friday....supposed to get snow showers:banghead :twak
Then I'd do SD now and upgrade to MA when needed.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
IMHO, if you want the best bang for the buck, find a salvaged vehicle. Preferrably a roll-over that's totalled except for the 'important' stuff. Don't even bother with anything that's been in a fire.

·
1,739 Posts
pdxbronco said:
one can dream
No need to only dream. Just finding an SD setup will be easier and you can get one right off another Bronco. Then you are up and running w/ EFI (what I have done even though my cam is out of spec for SD). Then you can start planning your mods/rebuild and gather the extra parts needed to make it Mass Air (what I am doing right now).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts