Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to ditch my EFI and Speed Density in my 90 bronco favor of a carburetor? if so can i keep my E4OD or would I have to swap my tranny and transfer case?

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
jons1streal4x4 said:
Is there any way to ditch my EFI and Speed Density in my 90 bronco favor of a carburetor? if so can i keep my E4OD or would I have to swap my tranny and transfer case?
Why would you want to do that?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why?

i plan on building a stroker engine and don't want to have to program in a new computer and swap in bigger injectors. I don't know what i would need to keep my efi and a stroker motor in tune.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what about injectors and mass air meter? what size will i need if i plan on building a 427 stroker? i also wanna run a supercharger or NOS cuz she see 1/4 runs every once in a while.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If you plan on a 427 with a SC or N2O then probably 30 lb injectors. There's probably a formula to figure out how big you need to go for a given application.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
You will not be able to continue using the E4OD (if you went carbed). It will need the computer to control it.

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
jons1streal4x4 said:
what about injectors and mass air meter? what size will i need if i plan on building a 427 stroker? i also wanna run a supercharger or NOS cuz she see 1/4 runs every once in a while.
With that much stroke, you'll have to be careful to keep your compression ratio low enough to add the supercharger if thats what you really want to do. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
636 Posts
There is a company, I think out of SC, that makes an E4OD controller if you really want to go that route. I just can't think of one good reason, to get rid of the FI system. Convert to MAF or get a twEECer.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Baumanator (not sure if it's spelled right) has an E4OD controller that you can use to control your trans if you have an ECM that's not for an E4OD and you can probably use it with a carb'd engine and an E4OD too. Do a search and check out their website and read up on it. MAF is still the best solution although carb may be cheaper. Check out NLOC.net many of those guys run a setup like you want and you will find all the info you need.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I think someone asked something like this recently, and no, going to carb would probably be more expensive, and wouldn't be better then a MAF conversion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts