Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my dad, who asked me about his 2002 F250 5.4L Triton truck. He had been getting 18mpg highway. He commutes about 50 miles each way to work daily. He pulled a friends boat two weeks ago and got 13 mpg for that weekend trip. He just got back from a three state road trip and he is still getting 13mpg without pulling anything. Whats up? Why didn't it go back to the 18 mpg? no engine warning lights or anything.
Any ideas would be appreciated. I know the obvious stuff like tire pressure and driving habits and all that crap. maybe a computer issue?
I told him I would post on FSB and that all those people knew their shit. So don't let me down! :slap I am a new member, I'll be posting some stuff bout my 96 "OJ" look a like bronco soon. Thanks, Gene :chili:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be fuel delivery...

We had suspected maybe an injector was malfunctioning, or "stuck" I haven;t done much work on EFI, beyond the basic MAF upgrade or checking sensors type stuff. Is it possible an injector is acting up? wouldn't that make a check light come on?
Another suggestion someone had was that the trans in those trucks learns a persons driving patterns and adjusts to meet the needs. Is it true? could hauling a boat make the tranny "learn" to shift differently? we thought about disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset everything. Anyone have any thoughts on that approach?
Thanks again, Gene

1 - 3 of 3 Posts