Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANY ONE PUT A AFTERMARKET INTAKE ON A 5.8. I AM CURENTLLY LOOKING FOR MORE HORES POWER BUT WITHOUT TAKING THE BLOCK APART. I ALREADY HAVE THE FOLLOWING: K&N INTAKE,-SHORT RAM AIR, THROTLE BODY SPACER, MSD INGNITION COIL, ASP PULLLEYS, NEW PLUGS, WIRES, ROTOR AND CAP,AND A MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST WITH SECOND CAT CUT. THAT HAS PUT ME INTO THE LOW 16'S. I NEED TO STEP THINGS UP A LITTLE. THANKS FOR THE HELP! :beer

·
Registered
117 Posts
smokinbronc351 said:
HAS ANY ONE PUT A AFTERMARKET INTAKE ON A 5.8. I AM CURENTLLY LOOKING FOR MORE HORES POWER BUT WITHOUT TAKING THE BLOCK APART. I ALREADY HAVE THE FOLLOWING: K&N INTAKE,-SHORT RAM AIR, THROTLE BODY SPACER, MSD INGNITION COIL, ASP PULLLEYS, NEW PLUGS, WIRES, ROTOR AND CAP,AND A MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST WITH SECOND CAT CUT. THAT HAS PUT ME INTO THE LOW 16'S. I NEED TO STEP THINGS UP A LITTLE. THANKS FOR THE HELP! :beer
I wouldnt waste the time or money, it would kill the bottom end tq of the motor. look into gears or a cheap supercharger. good luck tom

·
Registered
60 Posts
smokinbronc351 said:

I have'nt put one of these but if you have the cash "Edelbrock" makes a performance manifold for the 5.8L EFI V8. If I had $850.00 bucks I would get one. The catalog that I saw it in was the 2003 Edelbrock Catalog I ordered from their website. The Part #3881. Adds 34ft lbs more from idle-5500 rpm.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i seen that one before and it crossed my mind, another thought i had was to port the whole intake top and bottom and the heads. any one know what that will run me? i ve also thought about hitting it with a 50 shot of nitrous. any comments on that will be apprecieated. :shrug

·
Registered
893 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
Low 16s huh? with bolt on stuff? :lolup
intake is a good idea on a 5.8L make you go very fast
16's what? i'm confused (he couldn't possibly mean 1/4 mile? am i stupid for even thinking that's what he meant?)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep

90bronconate said:
16's what? i'm confused (he couldn't possibly mean 1/4 mile? am i stupid for even thinking that's what he meant?)
thats right 16.2 to 16.4 depending on the take off!
:thumbup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just put the short ram air on today. all i need for it to be ram air is a piece of plastic so that the air from my hood scoops hits the filter. any one want this idea for the short ram air? i felt a difference not to dramatic but the engine feels stronger and a lot more throttle response.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
If you're trying to shave time, then you need to look into regearing, and suspension. These trucks aren't setup for that, they're setup to go off road. Tightening up the rear suspension especially should help on the launch. While you are in the rearend, I'd put a locker in it. After that, I assume that you remove your cap and rear seat at the strip right? That will save you some weight. Make sure that the tailgate is down so you don't have to worry about wind resistance.

As far as bolt on engine mods.... What did you say that you have done to the exhaust? You really need to uncork it if you are planing on letting more air in. That t-body spacer probablly isn't doin much, but a larger t-body will help. If you get an intake spacer, it will help your bottom end torque. Rather than pulleys, you might just want to run a short belt at the track.

Finally, allthough you are more than welcome here, you'd probably find more drag racing info at SVT's site. Go to the Gen 1 Lightning forums and just search. There are guys there in the 11's.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Just because he doesn't drive his like most of us do doesn't mean he should go buy a mustang. Remeber this thread? That guy was in the 11's, and that bronco was awesome. There's nothing wrong with wanting to go fast. To each his own is all I'm saying.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey jerry, i havent taken my cap off or the back seat out yet also i have a speaker box in the back with two fifteens. do you think it will drop the time any, what would you suggest for the rear suspension, i was going to get the rancho rs5000 and then the polyurethen bushings for the sway bar and the shocks. sound good? thanks for the advice.

oh and damage, think of this, when i pull up to a 4.6 gt or even a fairly stock five-o at the lite, he better not miss a gear!

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Well in dag racing, everything helps. The bronco is so heavy that you're gonna need all the help you can get to make it down the strip. The suspension mods you talk about are good ideas, but I'm talking more like traction bars to prevent wheel hop and axle wrap. Look for something like ladder bars, helper springs, and traction bars.

·
Registered
117 Posts
if i remember correctly , for every 100lbs you should drop a tenth. n2o is ok but sooner or later it will bite ya, my 5.0 went BOOOOOOOOOM (150 shot)but it was still fun. .............with the bottle tune up is a major headache, run lean and it's over tom

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was thinking of a 50 or maybe even a 75 shot tops. does that sound ok, and also i was thinking about investing into the throttle body co2 thingy. i dont know what you want to call it. heres my plan, get a tank of co2 then find a solieniod and a wot switch. run the line to the bottom of the throttle body and then have the top line run back to the windsheild wiper plate. kinda like a purge kit but only at full throttle. i think that might be intimidating. any comments or ideas would be helpful! thanks again guys!

·
Registered
893 Posts
jerry 1 a b said:
Just because he doesn't drive his like most of us do doesn't mean he should go buy a mustang. Remeber this thread? That guy was in the 11's, and that bronco was awesome. There's nothing wrong with wanting to go fast. To each his own is all I'm saying.
dear god that's awesome. riceboys at my school talk about the mid 12's like it's the sound barrier or something. that's sooooo funny that a FSB can do that. man do i have some cool vids to show them now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fireguy- ive noticed that my intake manifold gets kinda hot, i was thinking about the intake spacer made out of that phenomic material, think thats what it is. thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts