Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys ive got a 91 f150 with a 302 standard.when i baught the truck it ha da rebuild on it so about 50000 k or so on it.
my problem started 2 weeks after a big camping/wheeling trip truck ran great for the trip then sat for 2 weeks. after that i ran it and it would idle fine but it would cut out under load fuel pressure problem so i took it to ford to get them to flush the injectors but before i actualy did that i took out the upper intake and cleaned it all out then replaced it did make a bit of a difference in idle quality but no difference to the hesitation it had.
had the injectors cleaned and they told me my problem was the fuel pump not pushing the pressure it needed soo i replaced the fuel pump.
after the fuel pump it has all the power it had before but now the idle is shit. when i stop driving the idle boosts to about 1500 rpm .ive checked all the sensors and what not replaced the power steering pressure switch because on the code test i got a 52 .... no difference . i tried today to change the computer .... no better! \
any ideas???

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Vacuum leak? IAC malfuncion?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clean the idle control motor with brake cleaner and check for smooth movement of the valve with a screwdriver. Replace it if it doesn't get fixed by cleaning.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have checked vacum linesand they seem good also replaced the upper intake gasket a second time to reasure myself and have cleaned the idle control valve .... also tried 2 different ones.
the iac is intake air charge? how do you test that? is it a common problem?
thanx
,matt

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I A C is Idle air control. Its the thing Foo is talking about. usually though, if its bad the truck will stall, esp when going into rev.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh yeah like i said i cleened the original and tryed 2 others....thats not it. im stumped ive searched like crazy and tested everything i could

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
you can only do soo much without calling in a pro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts