Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
....ehhh
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90% complete set of EFI stuff from a 1991. with 5.8L

Intakes, exaust mans. wiring harnes, distributor, fuel rails, most everything I can think of.

But, no computer, fuel pump, or timing chain cover.

$100

I stripped this stuff to do the conversion on my 84, but I think I will wait for my 460

Shipping will most likely be just as much.

Klamath Falls OR, 97603

Will trade for stuff.
Joe
 

·
Excessively Engineered
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
What kind of stuff? Stuff from a carb engine? I have an edelbrock performer 4 barrel intake and carb. The carter electric fuel pump wouldn't work for EFI would it? Would I need the 2 fuel pumps that are in the tank and on the fuel rail?
 

·
....ehhh
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lightnin said:
What kind of stuff? Stuff from a carb engine? I have an edelbrock performer 4 barrel intake and carb. The carter electric fuel pump wouldn't work for EFI would it? Would I need the 2 fuel pumps that are in the tank and on the fuel rail?
EFI stuff from a 1991 Ford F-250. Not Carb, This would replace most all the carb stuff.


I am not sure of the PSI rating the Ford EFI needs, there are lots of people on this site that do know, and can give a part number for the pump.

You can use just one pump that goes before the fuel rails, but some people suggest using a dual set-up.

I tried running down the wirring schematics, and there are only about 13 wires that need to be spliced into the efi harness,and 5 of them are ground wires.
 

·
Excessively Engineered
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
84excursion said:
EFI stuff from a 1991 Ford F-250. Not Carb, This would replace most all the carb stuff.


I am not sure of the PSI rating the Ford EFI needs, there are lots of people on this site that do know, and can give a part number for the pump.

You can use just one pump that goes before the fuel rails, but some people suggest using a dual set-up.

I tried running down the wirring schematics, and there are only about 13 wires that need to be spliced into the efi harness,and 5 of them are ground wires.

Yeah you think I am retarded. I ment the carb stuff. Would you consider trades for carb stuff. When you say that ther is only about 13 wires that need to be spliced in do you mean into my non efi harness or I would need the computer and complete EFI harness? I don't get it.
 

·
....ehhh
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lightnin said:
Yeah you think I am retarded. I ment the carb stuff. Would you consider trades for carb stuff. When you say that ther is only about 13 wires that need to be spliced in do you mean into my non efi harness or I would need the computer and complete EFI harness? I don't get it.
Essentially there are 13 wires in the efi harness that can be connected to your harness, but there are numerous other wires that go back and forth from the computer to various components that do not need to be wired to your harness.

You would not need the entire harness, just the efi specific stuff into the non-efi truck, as it sits now I have the entire under hood and in cab harness, so everything from the efi stuff to heater motor wirring is all wound together, so you would need to unravel the efi harness and weed out the wires you don't need ( you don't need the heater motor stuff because you already have that)

I would be willing to trade for the carb stuff, sorry for the missunderstanding.

This seems like a difficult but not impossible swap, When I was preparing for the swap myself, I found a lot of info on this site, and through the members.
The only thing that started to intimidate me was sorting through the efi harness to make it all work? Automotive electronics is a very weak point for me.
 

·
Excessively Engineered
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
I doubt I will be able to trade for partial efi stuff right now. My bronco is running although not driveable. I would still need the tank unit, the fuel lines, computer, and a few other things. I am going to pass right now until I can line out the other stuff and try to do it all at once.
Thanks
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top