Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Philofab said:
Any reason I need cut holes in my EFI valve covers for beathers to use them on a 82 351W/AFB/PERFORMER intake? The EFI covers I have only have an oil fill with a breather hose coming off it.
You need a PCV hole on one and a breather cap on the otherto properly deal with the oil vapors. You can buy gromets that are made for the PCV and just use a hole saw to cut out a hole large enough for the gromet.

Good luck,

:thumbup

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Steve83 said:
How did you get a R valve cover with no PCV hole??? It's visible at the rear of the valve cover in this drawing.

Philofab said:
I forget where I got them... they where just in the "pile".

Can anyone tell me why EFI does not use the same PCV system? I don't understand why these don't have the holes from the factory.
It's becouse they are Mustang (car) EFI valve vovers. The car style lower intake has the PCV port in it at the verry back of the intake.

See look.
Truck Valve Cover

Mustang Valve cover

And here you can see the PVC port in this GT-40 lower intake.

This is the same reson I am having the PCV port in my pass side truck valve cover Tig welded shut. Becouse my car style Edelbrock lower intake has the PCV port in it.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Philofab said:
Here are some pics of them.

Yup those are factory 86-93 Mustang 5.0 valve covers.

To work properly on your carbed engine you will need a hole drilled in the pass side one.
(oposite side as the filler neck)

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Philofab said:
Any reason I need cut holes in my EFI valve covers for beathers to use them on a 82 351W/AFB/PERFORMER intake? The EFI covers I have only have an oil fill with a breather hose coming off it.
forget it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts