Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I hate to say it, I think my truck has a factory egg beater. I was driving it home yesterday and I started to feel what felt like an old style crank egg beater. Not severe or harsh but it was there. This morning it was less but still present. I have no idea what could possibly cause this. I tried the search feature and no thread exists that even mentions this. Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated.

94 Bronco XL Cop package, 351, E4OD. 197844 miles.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
:tinfoil

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
WTF??

I think he means he is experiencing a vibration of some type. :scratchhe

But instead of saying "I am experiencing a vibration at (blank) speed and above" and then giving details about weather it is worse when he is on the throttle or off, on the breaks or off. Describing weather it is a deceleration vibration or an acceleration vibration, he simply says

"My truck has eggbeater" :histerica

My 80yr old grandmother can give me a better written description of mechanical trouble with her 87 Buick Regal than this fella can.
:whiteflag

Of course, the other possability is his truck does have an old crank driven eggbeater, that he can feel, but has yet to locate. Perhaps looking in the back seat and seing if it is there would be helpfull. :toothless

Welcome to FSB :beer

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,547 Posts
:histerica

Have a general look around underneath for anything odd or loose with the drivetrain & mounts. Especially check your u-joints & driveshaft flange bolts. Look at the tires for problems like separation or a bubble. Maybe a wheel weight was lost.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm trying to describe ti as best I can. The feeling is only when the truck is moving and at any speed. The problem is is that all I can liken to the feeling is that of when you crank an egg beater. It's not bad but it has that same feeling. I appreciate the constructive criticism guys. I just didn't know how to describe the problem.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Ok, so in your left hand it feels like your holding a small handle. In your right hand it feels like your turning a small crank? Is there some resistance in your right hand? Does it feel like your blending eggs, or somthing thicker like mashed potatoes? Large bowl or small bowl?

Details are important. :toothless

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
the guys are just saying you need to be more descriptive. Is the whole cab shaking or the steering wheel? does the shaking get worse with speed or no difference? worse when accelerating or no difference? worse with brakes on or no difference?

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Ok, so in your left hand it feels like your holding a small handle. In your right hand it feels like your turning a small crank? Is there some resistance in your right hand? Does it feel like your blending eggs, or somthing thicker like mashed potatoes? Large bowl or small bowl?

Details are important. :toothless
Are you talking about this?

I would upgrade:

·
Registered
116 Posts
we might have the same problem

ya man, i had the same problem!
it used to annoy the sh!t outta me!
i could never figure out what it was!
i looked everywhere,.. i looked at my shinny reflection in my chrome wheels, i purged the break fluid to see if that would help (havent driven it yet, but will report back with results if this works :popc1: ), i tried reversing the steering linkage, i even looked inside the glove box! :tinfoil

eventually i figured out a plan....(feel free to modify my plan as best suited to your desired departure dates)
Put the skinny pedal to the floor and go down the logging trails!...see what breaks!? :toothless
it definatly fixed my "egg beater problem" and should probably fix your truck too.
if not, well at least you've learned a valuable lesson which is, to bring a bucket the next time your stuck in a rain storm. :whiteflag

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Ok, so in your left hand it feels like your holding a small handle. In your right hand it feels like your turning a small crank? Is there some resistance in your right hand? Does it feel like your blending eggs, or somthing thicker like mashed potatoes?
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking! :histerica

Are you talking about this?

I would upgrade:

That is freakin' hilarious:histerica:histerica:histerica:histerica

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
I have no idea what could possibly cause this. I tried the search feature and no thread exists that even mentions this. Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated.

Hey..cut him some slack here. I tried the search feature, being a veteran of this site and recognized throughout the free world as an eggspurt on Broncos and , sure enough, aboslutely nothing comes up in the search engine when you punch in 'egg beater'.:toothless

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
motor mount broken, possible? driveshaft out of align/broken

u joints? looks frame mount, out of what steering, improperly balanced/out of rotation tires, bent rim...there are hundreds of possibilities right now

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, I think my truck has a factory egg beater. I was driving it home yesterday and I started to feel what felt like an old style crank egg beater. Not severe or harsh but it was there. This morning it was less but still present. I have no idea what could possibly cause this. I tried the search feature and no thread exists that even mentions this. Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated.

These trucks have plenty of vibrations/egg beater feelings, can you describe it a little better? (where it's coming from, does it do it on 4wd, 4lo, 2hi, rolling in neutral? forwards, backwards? going straight or turning? at what speeds? is there a noise associated with it? have you jacked it up and checked for play in joints/bearings, have you looked under it?

We'll help ya as best we can but a little more info would be nice:thumbup

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
I had an '92 once that had a bad vibration, something that could be described as egg beater..........no, no, it can't but it was a vibration that no one could find and it ended up being the muffler was shakin due to a broken hanger. Once it was tightened up, no more vibration. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
313 Posts
CHECK YOUR DRIVESHAFT!!!
I had my driveshaft lose a bolt and loosen up the remaining three that connect the rear driveshaft to the transfer case yoke. Felt like I was in a popcorn machine!!! I put some threadlocker on the remaining three, torqued them down the best I could, and haven't had a problem since.

If you lose on of these bolts, good luck getting a replacement, I ordered like 5 different bolts from Ford, and they never, ever got me the right one. It works fine with three :toothless
:beer
Tony

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts
CHECK YOUR DRIVESHAFT!!!
I had my driveshaft lose a bolt and loosen up the remaining three that connect the rear driveshaft to the transfer case yoke. Felt like I was in a popcorn machine!!! I put some threadlocker on the remaining three, torqued them down the best I could, and haven't had a problem since.

If you lose on of these bolts, good luck getting a replacement, I ordered like 5 different bolts from Ford, and they never, ever got me the right one. It works fine with three :toothless
:beer
Tony
junk yard?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts