Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I hope EGR is what I am refering to.

On my 91 351, the exaust manifolds had riser tubes that came to the egr?

The 302 has the source from somewhere else?

Is there a mod you can do to put old headers on the 351 with that egr?

I want to efi my 351, I have all of the stuff, but i want to use my old headers.

What can I do?

Thanks

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
You should be able to weld a fitting into the header, similar to welding in an O2 sensor bung. There is a nipple that screws into the threaded fitting on the pass side manifold then the egr tube screws onto that. Just need to get the right size female fitting to weld into the header. I might still have the nipple from my pass manifold, I can take a look if you want me too. Or you could use an Edelbrock intake that has the egr passage internal(this is also how the 302 intake is).

Here is a pic of the fitting. The nipple end is the end that the egr tube screws onto(flared fitting). The pipe threaded end screws into the exh manifold.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
No. I just took a look at my spare 351 truck intake and there is no egr passage in it like the 302. The only way to make this work an EFI 351 is to get a header or pass side exhaust manifold with the fitting already there, weld in the proper fitting on your current header, get a GT-40 or Edelbrock intake that has the egr passage internal to the intake or just eliminate the EGR altogether.

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RLKBOB said:
No. I just took a look at my spare 351 truck intake and there is no egr passage in it like the 302. The only way to make this work an EFI 351 is to get a header or pass side exhaust manifold with the fitting already there, weld in the proper fitting on your current header, get a GT-40 or Edelbrock intake that has the egr passage internal to the intake or just eliminate the EGR altogether.
Will the efi work properly without the egr?

I am swapping the efi into my 84, and I would like to cut out as much stuff as i can.

Do i just leave it unplugged from the harness?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Yeah it'll work without the egr. Ryan has a resistor that you can plug into the evr connecter that tells the ECM that the egr is permanently closed so you don't have any problems. I'm not sure if leaving it unplugged will cause problems or just give you a code but whichever one it is the resistor from Ryan will take care of it. Actually I have one I bought from him because I was gonna eliminate my egr when I did the 351 swap but I decided to keep the egr so I didn't use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts