Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

My truck has been throwing some codes lately, and I haven't had time to deal with them until now. The engine codes I am getting are 113 and 335. The 113 deals with incorrect voltage on the IAT. The 335 deals with something with the EVP.

For the 113, I have a mass air flow, so the sensor is in the airbox. I removed the old one and replaced it, but I am still getting the code.

As for the 335, I don't seem to have an EVP. I live in LA, so I am pretty sure I have one of the 1995 Bronco's with a DPFE instead of the EVP. Any advice on how to check?

The truck is driving great regardless- I was down in Ocotillo Wells over the weekend, and it performed like a champ. It cruises fine as well.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
According to www.fordfuelinjection.com - IAT = intake air control or ACT = air control temp, sensors that read engine temperature....

Code : 113 - The sensor signal is greater then the Self Test max volt of 4.6 or higher, Self Test has failed....

Code: 335 - is PFE or DPFE sensor voltage is out of Self Test range, in either case go to the Haynes Repair Manual and see what diagnostics to perform and/or replace sensor/s if necessary.....

For additional help: www.broncolinks.com

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
26,333 Posts
yo
DTC 335 indicates the Pressure Feedback EGR (PFE) / Differential Pressure Feedback EGR (DPFE) sensor is out of Self-Test range. Possible causes: Damaged PFE/DPFE sensor They do go bad after getting hit with hot exhaust over the yrs). Obstructed pressure inlet hose(s) (Mine were torn where the Ford assembler attached them with meat cleavers; avail @ Ford dealer in 1 foot sections but for $10.00 each; they each are a diff ID). Garage exhaust ventilation system affecting PFE/DPFE sensor operation.

Testing & Vacuum/Voltage Parameters & pics on both older Aluminum & Newer Plastic Version; MIESK5 NOTE: only 95 5.8L California models & all 96 have the DPFE Sensor instead of EGR Valve Position Sensor (EVP); Ford also calls the DPFE Sensor an EGR Pressure Valve; my 96's Ford pn is F4ZZ9J460-B; new Plastic replacement version is MOTORCRAFT Part #DPFE15
Source: by tomco-inc.com http://www.tomco-inc.com/Tech_Tips/ttt36.pdf

Testing in a 96 5.0; "...DPFE comes in as .15 VDC during KOEO test between REF & Ground. TOMCO says it should read 0.45 +/- 0.25 volts for the .55 volt for this original Aluminum type sensor My Ford PCED/EVTM is frozen, so I can't view Ford's +/- values. &, when pulling REF hose off, fine particles fell out of DPFE. So, figuring DPFE Sensor is bad according to Ref voltage and particles... Yes, your voltage of 0.15V on the DPFE line is a typical sign of a bad one. Try to obtain a Motorcraft replacement, as the retail part store pieces don't last..."
Source: by SigEpBlue (Steve) & miesk5 at Testing in a 96 5.0; "...DPFE comes in as .15 VDC during KOEO test between REF & Ground. TOMCO says it should read 0.45 +/- 0.25 volts for the .55 volt for this original Aluminum type sensor My Ford PCED/EVTM is frozen, so I can't view Ford's +/- values. &, when pulling REF hose off, fine particles fell out of DPFE. So, figuring DPFE Sensor is bad according to Ref voltage and particles... Yes, your voltage of 0.15V on the DPFE line is a typical sign of a bad one. Try to obtain a Motorcraft replacement, as the retail part store pieces don't last..."
Source: by SigEpBlue (Steve) & miesk5 at FSB

======
113 - IAT sensor is/was high or open - IAT
113 (IAT – intake air temp) - indicates that the corresponding sensor signal is greater than the Self-Test maximum. The maximum for ECT and IAT sensors is 4.6 volts.
Possible causes:
-- Open in harness (IAT or ECT).
-- Faulty connection.
-- Faulty sensor.
-- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

am having COMCAST conn probs again; will try to come back later

for the DPFE/PFE; go to my site under Emission Exhaust Gas Recirc... DPFE and look up more test/ts Links

·
Super Moderator
26,333 Posts
Engine Wiring Diagram 94-95 F-Series & Bronco 5.0L
Source: by seijirou at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/fullsizebronco/vehicles/registry/media/588343

now we need the to ck that ckt;
EEC-IV Connector Pin-Out Diagram & Overview
Source: by Fireguy50 (Ryan M) at http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=3
==============
I must have overwrote this in my prev reply, ty CC!
IAT Overview & Testing; "...This measures the temperature of the air entering the engine. Which impacts the fuel ratio; the cooler the incoming air is the denser it is. Denser air can utilize more fuel, giving us even greater accuracy in obtaining our desired air to fuel ratio. Before you start blaming the air charge temperature sensor and replacing it make sure the rest of the coolant system is in good condition. All of the following items will affect the ACT; Coolant level, Radiator Fan, Engine Temperature..." READ MORE
Source: by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=29

·
Super Moderator
26,333 Posts
yw,
Ck the IAT Connector out for corrosion & wire strands for tightness withi conn; and corrosion within wire strands at connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts