Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 bronco with a 302, and would like to get the egr hooked up, but am unsure of how and where the exhaust gases get back to the block from the exhaust. i have eliminated the air pump, but am keeping the egr. if anyone has pictures it would be greatly appreciated. i have already replaced the egr tube that runs from the egr valve itself to the lower plenum, and i still have the stuff that bolts onto the heads, but have no clue where the exhaust gasses are supposed to come from and go to

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
the come from exhaust manifold passenger side should have a tube going up to the egr valve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it different from 89 to 92? because the only tube the egr valve has on it is the one that goes to the plenum, and there is no where else for one to be plugged in to the valve? or does it go to the air pump stuff?

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
ill take a look at it tomorrow when its light out and post pictures

·
Super Moderator
26,972 Posts
yo, the 5.0 and 5.8 tubes are different

Video; at the Center of the Lower Intake Manifold from a 92 5.0; Adapter fits between EGR Tube's Flared End and Lower Intake
Manifold's Threaded Port
Source: by JKossarides ("The Bronco", Jean) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/800610

Location pic at the center of the intake manifold in an 89 5.0 (part of his valve cover and oil pan gasket job); "...you can see the other end of the egr pipe going into the center of the intake. Soak it in penetrating fluid before removal..."

------------

ADAPTER to Lower intake from EGR Valve in a 96 5.0; "...Parts MNGR said it still available @ a few dealerships but is Obsolete, He said the Price is $34.99; Ford MC PN N803575-S51 "22mm";On-line search I did just now gives one good hit (so far): CONNECTOR - Part Number N803575-S51 - asked the mngr if the 96 5.0 Adapter is same as earlier years 5.0 engines and he said, "Yes", 4 JUN 2010"
Source: by miesk5 at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173088&page=3
--------

-----
Broncos & Trucks never used a Pressure Feedback Exhaust (PFE) Sensor, SO IGGIE PFE IN FOLLOWING and look @ The EVP System

Overview & Parts Break-Out Diagram; "...The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System is designed to reintroduce exhaust gas into the combustion cycle lowering combustion temperatures and reducing the formation of Nitrous Oxide. There are two basic types of EGR systems: The PFE/DPFE System (SONIC, 9J460 9D475) & The EVP System 9F483 (9H473 9G428 ). The amount of exhaust gas reintroduced and the timing of the cycle varies by calibration and is controlled by factors such as engine speed, engine vacuum, exhaust system back pressure, coolant temperature and throttle angle. All EGR valves are vacuum actuated. The vacuum diagram is shown on the emission decal for each calibration. Pressure Feedback EGR (PFE/DPFE) Systems: PFE is a subsonic closed loop EGR system that controls EGR flow rate by monitoring the pressure drop across a remotely located sharp-edged orifice. The system uses a pressure transducer (9J460) as the feedback device and controlled pressure is varied by valve modulation using vacuum output of the EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR) solenoid (9J459). With a PFE system, the EGR valve only serves as a pressure regulator rather than a flow metering device. The Differential Pressure Feedback EGR (DPFE) system operates in the same manner except it directly monitors the pressure drop across the metering orifice. This allows for a more accurate assessment of EGR flow requirements. The EVP EGR Valve is required in EEC systems where EGR flow is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) through an EGR Valve Position (EVP) sensor attached to the valve. The EVP sensor provides the EEC system with a signal indicating position of the EGR valve. The valve is operated by a vacuum signal from the EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR) Solenoid (9J459) which actuates the valve diaphragm. As supply vacuum overcomes the spring load, the diaphragm is actuated. This lifts the pintle off its seat allowing exhaust gas to recirculate (flow). The amount of flow is proportional to the pintle position. The EVP sensor mounted on the valve sends an electrical signal of its position to the PCM (12A650)..." Broncos & Trucks never used a Pressure Feedback Exhaust (PFE) Sensor; READ MUCH MORE
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/826382

----

EVR Location pic by SeattleFSB (Seattle FSB) at SuperMotors.net

1 - 6 of 6 Posts