Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..1988 351 c6, i am having problems passing emissions.
i was getting code 33 and replaced egr with bad diafram. replaced egr from local junk yard. my origional egr part # was e8te-9f483-a2a and on top of part# sticker is an a33. ireplaced with part #e8te-9f483-b2a with #on top a34. will this part work? i no longer get code 33. truck has been tuned up withen last 5 months and oil changed. any suggestions would be appricated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:banghead :banghead
jaybob88 said:
..1988 351 c6, i am having problems passing emissions.
i was getting code 33 and replaced egr with bad diafram. replaced egr from local junk yard. my origional egr part # was e8te-9f483-a2a and on top of part# sticker is an a33. ireplaced with part #e8te-9f483-b2a with #on top a34. will this part work? i no longer get code 33. truck has been tuned up withen last 5 months and oil changed. any suggestions would be appricated.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Man am I glad Nebraska don't test for emmisions!!!!!!!!

Have you checked any other possible causes? Maybe the new egr isn't the problem

Catyletic converter?
air pump?
egr piping??
Air pump piping?
exhaust leaks?

After I checked that stuff, I would have it put on a scope and see what your 02 sensor is reading.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I replaced my EGR and related parts on my pickup recently. I bought the parts new (somewhat pricey). The instructions were VERY explicit about "dialing in" for the correct replacement. There were different washers and such that was specific for the replacement. It even had a sticker that I was to put on the EGR and record the correct # of the EGR so I could (or whoever) replace the EGR with the correct part # next time. - I believe it has to be exact for your set-up (engine, trans, EFI unit etc.) It said the the EGR must be replaced with the correct part to work properly.

I would say this MAY be the issue. Flip the bill and buy the exact replacement. Genuine Ford parts would be wise but NAPA or whatever could be an option. Mine was a one size fits many parts store type. Had I known how precise this needed to be, I would have bought a genuine part. Even though it is working as it should.

Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked air pump and all vaccume lines, as far as the cat, i am assuming it is working. it would be nice to save some money i picked up this part from local junkyard for $7.00 napa was $116.00 and im to scared to call ford.
my last emissions test 2 years ago the truck passed well below its limit.
i would rather put my money into new tires.

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
a new EGR valve and sensor will not cost you 116 at the zone. but make sure that is what you need. check your vacuum lines and coffee can. as well as everything else everyone mentioned

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.