Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
US, 89, 5.8,C6, 1356 BW (manual), 5 Bolt Hub (automatic) No modes like to keep it or
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my 89 5.8L, I have been trouble shooting some vacuum problems and I noticed the cap that is on the top of the EGR came off. Since I have never seen what its supposed to look like under the cap and I cant find any pictures, I was hoping someone could tell me if this looked normal or if something is missing besides the cap. (jovial comments can be added if followed by a useful comment)

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,630 Posts
There is supposed to be a small open cell foam filter under the cap. Most likely has disintegrated due to age.

·
Premium Member
US, 89, 5.8,C6, 1356 BW (manual), 5 Bolt Hub (automatic) No modes like to keep it or
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Miesk5,
Thank you for the diagram, my concern was with the hole at the top of the EVR. I was at the junkyard the other day and saw one on a 93 F-150 (not compatible) and it had what looked like a small threaded bolt in the same spot I have the small hole on the top of the EVR. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need something their as well, besides the foam filter.

Reactions: miesk5
1 - 4 of 4 Posts