Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up dual electric fans from a friend of mine. They fit side by side on my 83 radiator.

I need to get a little better pic.

I was thinking they would fit better Diagonally. One on the DS bottom and the other on the PS top. So basically it hits right after the coolant comes in and right before it goes out. My Tranny cooler is mounted on the ps top in front of my radiator.

I am sure either way will cool like the next. Is there an advantage mounting side by side vs. diagonally? I don't figure it would make a difference. Slow night and bored.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
regardless its gonna be an awsome improvement, I would go diagonally like you said, thats how I see duals done mostly (custom wise anyway)

·
Southeast Utah Native
920 Posts
IMO, those fans probably won't cool very well. If you had some kind of shroud around them to suck air through most or all of the radiator then they might do the job, but I really don't think they'll be satisfactory like they are.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
is that a 4 core radiator? or stock. When i put them on mine, with the big ass radiator i got i wont have a problem. there is no need for shroud.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how many core. It is a skinny one off a 2wd. I knocked a hole in my thick one when I installed my tranny cooler. I had this one laying around so I used it. The fans move alot of air. I think they will be fine. We will see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts