Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much flow should i get?? should it be more than a trickle? i get some coming out when its just sitting and the key is on, and i did charge the batteries and its clicking like normal, just not getting a lot of fuel and that may be what my problem is. can ya tell me about the flow i should be seeing from the fuel line?

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i checked pre-filter & the flter wasnt clogged. i can piss more than its pumping now on a dry day. thats not enough gas flow huh?

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
Is this a continuation of a previous thread? It'd help to be able to read back.

Depends on what flow rate & pressure the pump is rated for.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really a continuation, just my on going not able to keep it running issues. its just a generic off the shelf pump i put on when the 460 went in the 79. its just that i have never had one before and didnt really have anything to compare the flow to visually. i dont have a regulator or gauge to tell me what the fuel pressure is so i just wanted an idea.

funny part is that i asked my neighbor what i should get for flow. he looked at it and said thats not enough. he said hang on a minute and came back with a fuel pump. his grandson had it on a BMW that he wrecked and took it off before he sold it. wired it up and everything seemed fine. i need to test drive it, but i think thats what it was.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not squirting like an EFI pump would, at high pressure im guessing is what some are saying. filter was suprisingly clean. i think it was just the old pump gave out. ill let you know after i test drive it in the AM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts