Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using an electric locker. Just wandering that if you are, have you had any probs. cuz mine just took a crap on me today. It was the Auburn model. I called the tech line and according to them I had to tear it out and send it back so they could diagnose the problem and then in a week or two I would have it back. So as of now my bronc is out of commission.:banghead

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
bad96 said:
Anybody using an electric locker. Just wandering that if you are, have you had any probs. cuz mine just took a crap on me today. It was the Auburn model. I called the tech line and according to them I had to tear it out and send it back so they could diagnose the problem and then in a week or two I would have it back. So as of now my bronc is out of commission.:banghead
I use the Detroit Electrac. Works awesome, only issue I had was an install issue, and didn't have the shift fork engaged correctly. Pulled the cover, realigned the fork, and never had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh another problem that I had other than today (not engaging)was when I installed it. There wasn't enough clearance from the spider to the grove in the axel shaft to install the c clips in the axel shaft. I had to mill a small portion of the gear down to porvide enough clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts