Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fireguy,

I have been researching the electrics and you always seem to be there -

Would you mind commenting on my plan
I am just finishing my SAS and need to address the electric items

I have a 1992 Bronco
I will run an ARB air compressor, a 16.5 warn electric winch, some lights (have not purchased the lights yet)

my plan
a 3g 165 amp - seems like you like the 165 more than the 200 - should I go to the 200?
two red tops
I will fab up a power strip - I saw a nice brass one in a search one day with a lexand cover i will do something similar

if I were to add an onboard welder what would you sugest to do differently?

thanks

woodydog
:beer

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,857 Posts
Technically you can't utilize a 200amp alternator with a 6rib serp belt. So stick with the 165 model.

Get one of these and run both batteries, alternator, winch, and other high power stuff to it.

That is what I do, works great (need an updated picture, this one is 2 year old ow)

Make sure you use relays to activate the compressor & lights
This one will handle 75+ amps

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,

relay - if I understand a relay - you hook the on off switch to the relay and then the relay actually turns on and off the item - this way you do not run the full power through the switch - is this right - and if so then the picture on the rely only has two conections so how do you wire the relay

and yes I do not know much about electrical stuf

I did see that the premier power welder comes with a 160 amp alternator - I thought it would be nice to have the welder so if I pick one of these up and then do the two red's sounds like I would be set up right - Now I just need to better understand how to wire up the stuff

do i need two batteries? if I am runing the winch while the engine is running then isn't the power coming from the alternator anyway?

thanks for your help

:beer

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wrong forum. :twak This one is for completed jobs only. :deal

well.......... what forum would this fit in ?
I really could not figure it out ........ ?
as I was searching... this was the only forum that included discussions on dual bateries - and I only forund one discussion about on board welders in the general Bronco discussion...

:banghead

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The "general repair and tech help" forum as this isn't really model year specific (as it can be applied to almost any bronco) and is definitely "tech help".

You could pm a mod and let them decide or just wait and one will get to it shortly.

·
Registered
904 Posts
general repair and tech help would probably be the proper place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts