Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever swapped electric windows to manual..Does anyone know if any '86 models came with manual windows..Iam thinking of swapping due to electrical issues with my windows..to much hassle to fix.. plus $$$$

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
go to the junk yard and get the stuff
you might need new interior door panels though

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
mudder78 said:
Has anyone ever swapped electric windows to manual..Does anyone know if any '86 models came with manual windows..Iam thinking of swapping due to electrical issues with my windows..to much hassle to fix.. plus $$$$
Easy fix... get a couple F-series doors at the boneyard and either cannibalize em or swap out the whole doors.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Done it on my 90 bko....simple, just get the regulators our of similar yuear f150 or bko, take door pannel off, unscrew the plate (the one the arm rest is attached to) drill out the rivets, remove motor actuated ones, insert, re reivet and put glass on track---no need to get new panels, as the ones you have have a jplace (circle0 on the inside, just get exacto knife, make smallo hole where the scre is, go to autozone, get two ford handles and two 8x32 machine scres, and your done!

·
Registered
136 Posts
yea I have power door locks that dont work and my pass. side window doesnt roll down..... could care less about the power door locks though . if I have a simular problem with the window I may do the same

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Good idea.. I think I'll do the same with our Bronco.. Stupid motors keep jamming up..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why would you do that!?

There are out there universal power windows' kits which can easily be adapted to your own, I know some brands like Spal, Hitachi, Unus and the like.... I did that with another car I had and they worked fine. Or maybe you just have to replace the switches and motors with new or rebuilt ones but not going back to manual!

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Ive thought about swapping doors as well and get rid of power locks and windows. My locks dont work, and my passenger side window doesnt work properly (it rolls down with a little help, but the only way itll roll back up is to pull it up while pushing the button. If i can find another EB thats blue and tan, then ill grab the doors, but so far cant find the color, lol.

·
Registered
136 Posts
sorry to bring up an old post but..... I removed my door panel to try to figure out what was wrong with my window........ the window motor was unplugged... i plugged it back in and it works fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts