Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1992, Ford Bronco, V8 5.0, Big Red
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just got this 1992 Bronco from a neighbor. It’s pretty clean. Less than 121K miles. As I’m going through it with my boys, I’m addressing safety and routine things that haven’t been maintained as well as one would like.

In going through the inspection and repair, I came across this loose connector. I’ve done visuals, reffered to Chelton and I hit my stops. It looks rough and potentially broken. Anyone know about this (See image) and can give me a lead? It’s coming off the engine (5.0 V8).

Thanks for any/all advice. -brad

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Finger Coil

·
Registered
1996 EB 5.8L, E4OD, 2.5" RC Lift, 33" tires, 3.55 gears
136 Posts
All,

I just got this 1992 Bronco from a neighbor. It’s pretty clean. Less than 121K miles. As I’m going through it with my boys, I’m addressing safety and routine things that haven’t been maintained as well as one would like.

In going through the inspection and repair, I came across this loose connector. I’ve done visuals, reffered to Chelton and I hit my stops. It looks rough and potentially broken. Anyone know about this (See image) and can give me a lead? It’s coming off the engine (5.0 V8).

Thanks for any/all advice. -brad

View attachment 184690
My vote is power steering pressure switch. If you don’t have a place to plug it in on your power steering hose, the PO may have replaced the hose with one without the port.

·
Premium Member
1992, Ford Bronco, V8 5.0, Big Red
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vote is power steering pressure switch. If you don’t have a place to plug it in on your power steering hose, the PO may have replaced the hose with one without the port.
Thank you for the prompt reply!

·
Registered
272 Posts
The 5.0 trucks with the E4OD never used the power steering pressure switch.
It just "hung" there.
Mine ended up contacting the exhaust manifold and started to melt.

·
Super Moderator
28,815 Posts
Yo Bradhayes75,
Welcome!
As advised on the PS Pressure Switch Connector. The Power Steering Pressure Switch signals the EEC Module when power steering pressure exceeds 350 psi ±50. The engine then increases idle speed to compensate for the additional load." by Ford
Here's the 1992 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Ford/Bronco/Ford_US Bronco_1992.pdf

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 posts required to view, due to scammers who preyed on our members ).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example; How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search and more tips!

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting".

➡ Try to find time to participate and vote in our current Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to winner; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription once the article is submitted ; and a years worth of premium FSB membership!

Al

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
615 Posts
It looks a little like the SPOUT connector just routed to the wrong location. What color are the wires?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts