Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I put my drivers window up or down my radio "skips". Sometimes if i just put in up a little or down a crack the radio stops, like a dead spot. Now I did look at the wiring from the window looks good as far as i can follow it and under the dash- i pulled the radio out no bare wires at all. I have a crack in the body where the door hinge bolts to - actually is a large crack and runs from bottom rocker area as far as I can see up to the window pillar. I was thinking that maybe there is a grounding issue there with the window motor but I have no clue where or what to look for. any help will do thanks-Bob

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
that has to do with your speekers check your speeker wires in the door the arm is arching on the wires. I had the same problems. thats what it was every time I rolled the window it it would pop a fuse.

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
id help but i am not steve, bob, or ryan sorry

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Pull the inner door panel off and take a look in there to see exactly where the wires are compromised.

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks i will look at that right now.

That was it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Its probably not this, but if the window motor is going to crap (or the wires to the motor are shorted somewhere after the switch), it might draw to much current causing the voltage to the radio to drop off making it temporarily cut out. If this is the case it probably would only happen when the engine is at idle.

·
Registered
634 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
id help but i am not steve, bob, or ryan sorry
Why'd ya have to be like that? He also opened it up to "electrical experts." Guess you aren't one of those either, eh?

If you bump into a TSgt Joel House there at Eglin, tell him I said hey.

Will

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
wwatsonh said:
Why'd ya have to be like that? He also opened it up to "electrical experts." Guess you aren't one of those either, eh?

If you bump into a TSgt Joel House there at Eglin, tell him I said hey.

Will

No he didnt, read the title. he said electrical expert- steve-bob-ryan-help. now if he would have put electrical experts or steve bob ryan help, that would have been different. i know exactly what is wrong with it cause it did it with mine. this is why you dont put names in titles they never get answered the right way.

·
Registered
634 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
No he didnt, read the title. he said electrical expert- steve-bob-ryan-help. now if he would have put electrical experts or steve bob ryan help, that would have been different. i know exactly what is wrong with it cause it did it with mine. this is why you dont put names in titles they never get answered the right way.
Touche, mon ami.....:whiteflag However, why don't we all just help each other out with our "hobby" or "lifestyle" or whatever you want to call it. You could just tell him nicely why it's not good to put names in the topic line, and then let him in on your little nugget of knowledge.

Sorry, just my $.02.

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
wwatsonh said:
Touche, mon ami.....:whiteflag However, why don't we all just help each other out with our "hobby" or "lifestyle" or whatever you want to call it. You could just tell him nicely why it's not good to put names in the topic line, and then let him in on your little nugget of knowledge.

Sorry, just my $.02.

i dont have to it has been posted many times before.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out why my name is on this thread

I'd assume that there is water running into that crack if it's by your hinge. Water and wiring never mix. I'd do something to keep water running into that crack.

If it's affecting your radio, the only wire that is in your door that runs to your radio is the driver's side speaker wires. Specifically pull those and look at them, to make sure they aren't bare.

The crack your hearing may be the radio trying to pick up the output in order to power the speaker and then the radio will go into error because it's powering that speaker too much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my first aftermarket radio was stolen, the mutha****as cut the damn original wire harness instead of buying a new harness which color wires go to the aftermarket color wires no store for hours

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
my first aftermarket radio was stolen, the mutha****as cut the damn original wire harness instead of buying a new harness which color wires go to the aftermarket color wires no store for hours
Have you considered asking the manufacturer of the stereo, or going to a stereo instalation shop?

·
Registered
19 Posts
there isn't a good shop around here if the retard touches your stuff they will mess up something I've had friends go there and came back mad as hell because they made mistakes

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
So just ask for the wiring diagram or ask what wire does what. I've done that and got what I needed.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
no, sorry

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts