Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for ya… On my bronco I have an MSD 6a ignition that requires a key on / start on power… I found the wires in my factory harness but it is 2 wires (1 is hot when the key is on - dead when the key is in the start position… the other is hot when the Key is in the start position and dead when in the run position) is their a Relay or something I can use to have it auto switch between sources? I want to get rid of the toggle switch I use now…

Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Use them both with a diode on each wire. Thats a check walve for electric current, this will allow U to wire both together without backfeeding issues.

Why dont U just use the hot lead from the coil?

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
rkwang said:
Quick question for ya… On my bronco I have an MSD 6a ignition that requires a key on / start on power… I found the wires in my factory harness but it is 2 wires (1 is hot when the key is on - dead when the key is in the start position… the other is hot when the Key is in the start position and dead when in the run position) is their a Relay or something I can use to have it auto switch between sources? I want to get rid of the toggle switch I use now…

Thanks
Aaron is basically corrrect. When you add the 6a MSD you no longer use the stock wire to the coil, (the red with light green stripe). Use that one for the keyed 12V for the MSD switched power. Then you need to run a fused hot at all times lead to the Red lead of the MSD. Ground would be best run back to the battery - .

Good luck,

:thumbup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts