Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1978 bronco, Dropped a 1968 429 Thunderjet in it, runs great! Headlights work, highbeams work, running lights and brake lights work, tailgate window works, but...........I cant seem to get the signals to work(the left turn light arrow on instument panel stays lit) but the hazard flashers work (only if headlights are off?) The reverse lights dont work either? Trying to get it on the road but need some help. CAN ANYONE OFFER ANY ADVISE ON WHAT TO CHECK OR WHERE TO START? THANX :
lenschamp

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Hazards and turn signals use seperate flashers. You can try to swap the 2 flashers around and see if that helps. If the light in the dash stays lit it sounds like a ground problem or a bad bulb. Check at the back socket assemblies for a good ground. The front turn signals also have a seperate ground wire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the feedback ranger429, gettin on it right now, IF ANYONE ELSE HAS AN IDEA LET ME KNOW thanx
landon

·
Registered
51 Posts
just had same problem had bad ground in rear socket and it blew the flasher still cant get one of the fronts to work but the rest are working now its a start

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i put new signal sockets in, did both grounds, cleaned headlight connections, cleaned and put new bulbs in front side markers, did ground wire behind dashboard instrument cluster. I FOUND AN EMPTY RED FOUR SLOT FEMALE CONNECTOR BEHIND HEADLIGHT AND WIPER CONTROLS? DOES SOMETHING PLUG INTO THAT? DOES YOURS HAVE THAT? LET ME KNOW SO I CAN PUT DASH BACK TOGETHER, THANX (will start rear bulbs, grounds, and sockets tommorrow after work, let ya know how i make out.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Landon, start with the rear side marker lights. That's where my trouble has been in the past. The seals tend to deteriorate and let in moisture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts