Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help please!!!!!!!!!

Okay someone please help if you can, my boyfriend has been out in the garage forever, I would like to see him sometime this year:)
His 89 bronco will not start still, any idea which wires to start checking?
fuel pumps won't fire, but there is power at the first pump. the door chime won't work unless the headlights are on, the truck attempts to start but the fuel pumps won't engage.
at one time we turned the headlights on with the truck off for a few minutes and then smelled burning (electrical) however he can't find any fried wires and the truck ran just fine for like 3 weeks after that.

If anyone can help with some kind of starting point or direction i would very much appreciate it.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to tell you that at one time he did get the truck to fire up, so we know the fuel pumps work.. he got pissed and started moving wires, disconnected the battery and removed the coils, if that provides any additional direction.

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
First thing to check is the grounds. Just clamp a jumper cable to the ground on the battery and the other end of it to the frame and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve???

Steve, we have all the things listed in your post and he has replaced the fuel pump relay, both relays on drivers side fender are functioning.

headlights function truck running or not, he has checked ground on battery, no lose grounds that he can find. Done random testing, jumped negetive batttery post to body so showing no loose grounds in the starting circuit. Think might be fusible link in ignition circuit, he has double links on power wires, don't now if one is resistor or if both are fusible links, can take pics if need be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts