Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month or two ago i bought a fullsize '89 Eddie Bauer edition, with a 351 in it. The thing has been nothing but trouble. First the radio went out, and came back two days later. Then i lost turn signals all the way around, hazards in the rear, brake lights, reverse lights, taillights, and the radio was out again. I had to rip apart my entire steering column because someone had previously done a shit-ass job replacing the turn signal switch. That fixed my brake, tail, and reverse lights, and my hazards are also working again. However, my turn signals are still out as is the radio (non-stock). I tried everything, fuses, relays, etc...... Is it possible the radio is screwing it up? any help would be appreciated.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Remove all your ground connections..cables and wires... and clean the connectors and the ground points with a wire wheel/brush till they're bright and shiny and re-install. That sounds like bad or corroded grounds more than anything else.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Electrical gremlins can suck but even more so when someone has been messing around and changing things. It could be as simple as checking the ground connections as Nevadagary said above. Also:

Did you install the radio? If not, the previous owner may have did a shit ass job on that as well. Have you removed the radio and looked at how that was wired/installed? They probably didn't use a plug in harness and started hacking wires looking for the ign power, memory, etc.... which may be causing some of your problems. Try removing the radio from the mix and all the electrical tape you will probably find and make sure nothing is clipping. I have found on a lot of cars the people have done electrical work that just shaking the wiring leads to finding the fault because of loose connections.

This is just an idea.

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts