Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my battery ground to the engine block because the positive red wire was melting the rubber coating and the battery wouldn't charge right. Since the replacement the battery charges and the wire doesn't get hot. Now when I turn the lights on the radio shuts off and back on and if I turn on the a/c switch the Tach reads 2000 rpms and the temp gauge reads twice as hot. How should I troubleshoot this problem? I've replaced the voltage regulator and Starter solenoid but I don't know what else to check.

·
Registered
55 Posts
on the back of your engine there should be a ground wire that goes to a post on the fire wall check to see if that one is loose i had similar problem with my 81 f250 and it was a loose ground from the cab to the block

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know that was there I'll take a look thanx.

·
Registered
710 Posts
what the fella above said!!!

you'll also have a few frame to body grounds under the truck, even if they're good, take them loose wire brush where they were, and put them back on again (paint over them after).

sounds like a grounding issue.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant seem to find Ground wires to the firewall or more body grounds. I'll make a ground from the body to the battery. Can I just ground any firewall bolt sticking through to the engine compartment?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx i think that stopped the damn irritating tach spikes and temp gauge problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts