Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a strange problem, and need some help......i had the cigarette lighter out to plug in my phone charger and when i removed the charger...somehow the lighter crossed up while laying in the ashtray and caused a spark :doh0715: which i think led to short that blew a fuse and caused the cigarette lighter to stop working...i also discovered the horn is on the same circuit and quit working....i put in a new fuse....and i still have no lighter or horn. :banghead

what'd i screw up? :whiteflag

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Are you sure that is all that is out? According to my book the fuse for the horn is seperate from the Cigar lighter fuse. The horn is on fuse C in the engine compartment box and the lighter is on fuse 16 in the fuse panel. Both ultimately go back to a fusable link but if it were blown you would have more than those two things without power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've got that panel that covers the fuse box under the dash....and it shows the horn, lighter and cruise on the same circuit...and i haven't checked to see if the cruise is out...so i do not know....the fuse i replaced was very obviously blown....where would i look for the fusible link?

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
BustedKnuckle88 said:
i've got that panel that covers the fuse box under the dash....and it shows the horn, lighter and cruise on the same circuit...and i haven't checked to see if the cruise is out...so i do not know....the fuse i replaced was very obviously blown....where would i look for the fusible link?
There is a fuse box under the hood also which contains fuse C that goes back to a fusable link connected to the starter relay at the same point that te battery is. It is attached to the end of a hevy yellow wire.

First check fuse C in the Engine Compartment Fuse Box. I don't know why that panel indicates horn and speed control on the cigar lighter fuse, but they are shown on fuse C in the EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual).

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Steve83 said:
Seabronc
You're describing a '92-up truck - his is an '88. He ONLY has the underdash fuse block, just like your '83.

What the heck was I thinking about, some how I missed that, must have been half asleep :duh :doh0715:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.