Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im pulling my hair out over this one so if anyone can help i'd be very apprechiative. I have a 1991 Silver Anniversary 5.8L. Just going down the road I'll get the check engine light and it'll die. If I unhook the neg. battary cable for a couple of hours and then put it back on, it'll start right back up and run fine again until it dies again. It's a terrible cycle. :banghead While it does run it runs completely perfect. The last time it happened it was running fine for a good 20 miles until I tried putting cruise control on... Then it accelerated then decelerated and then died. I know it's electrical because I've pulled a plug and checked for spark and have got nothing. Does this sound like a fried computer? Also so far I've changed the cap and rotor, control module, plug wires, and ignition coil. Any helpful insight would be great. Thanks :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have tested codes. The ex owner of the bronc gave me a code reader but no book for it so I have no idea what the codes mean. I always get like 334 or some combination of them. And I have to disconnect the battery to ever get it started again. Or else it'd just sit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts