Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So I am trying to replace the hall effect sensor in the distributor but have reached a stopping point.

How do I get that piece out? Once I get it out I can replace the power supply/hall effect sensor.

Also I was wondering what these two things are...one is the solenoid but what is the other units function?

One more thing...does anyone see the red wire that is cut? I am wondering what it might have gone to? I can not find the other end to see where it went to.

·
#1 Asshole
1,453 Posts
where do the battery cables on that solenoid/relay go to? I dont think it is anything critical if the truck still starts I bet it doesn't go to the starter. on the hall effect sensor you have to pull the distributor out and remove the gear from the shaft, pull the shaft out of the dizzy, change the sensor and reassemble. time it and if you haven't done so yet do the sixlitre timing bump to 13.5*. check out this link for more detail on the PIP replacement http://www.turbotbird.com/techinfo/TFI-PIP/TFI-PIP.htm

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Truck is running. For now....hopefully it continues. I ended up replacing the dizzy.

Also I replaced the solenoid with a new one. When I was putting the new one in the casing cracked in half leaving me with a bolt attached tightly. Thankfully I had just gotten a dremel so that def came into good use.

·
#1 Asshole
1,453 Posts
Its running but after everything including a false fix a few weeks back I do not trust it. Its gonna take sometime. Chris thanks for all the information. Helpful.
It's no problem I 'm just glad you got it running again!!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.