Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this bronco about a month ago, i bought it missing the rear view mirror, i see it must be electronic since there is a cable hanging there... the temp on my overhead console reads -40 all the time... are these 2 tied together? where could i find this electronic rear view mirror... no bone yards around have it. thanks

·
Southeast Utah Native
919 Posts
I think it is actually a compass in the mirror, or some type of auto dimmer, it could even be some kind of lights in the bottom of the mirror. If you can't find one in a junkyard then your next choice is the Ford dealer or LMC Truck, both about the same IMO.

·
Banned
11,476 Posts
The '94-96 Bronco electronic RV mirror is autodimming only. The temp. sensor is dedicated to the OH console, so read this thread. :deal You can get any JY dimming-only or dimming/map light RV mirror (Cadillacs have them) and transfer your wires to the new connector. You may also have to glue the new button on the W/S.

If you can't find one you like locally, read this post.

·
Registered
339 Posts
What does the button do on the bottom of the mirror? It doesn't seem to change at all in regards to night driving when I press it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Anyone? =)

·
Registered
162 Posts
button on bottom only turns on auto function.. wont dim until a car is behind you and it senses light in mirror

1 - 12 of 12 Posts