Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We cant get my friends 351W onto his E4OD. There is a very small gap, about 1-1.5mm and the only way we can get it to close a little is by tightening the tranny bolts to the engine. However, when it gets to 1mm it gets really tight, almost as if we were torquing it down.

Also, we cant crank the engine, even with a 3ft cheater bar. We even tried putting it in neutral, to no avail...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leave the TC on the engine? And do we have to pull the tranny? We dont have a mount... can we slid the engine back out and then attempt to get the engine back on?

What is this last notch you speak of? I didnt look at it before reinstalling it... I just figured all the spline were the same, just like on my truck...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Seat the TC on the tranny pump first. Push up and rotate on it to get it to seat. Should be below the flush line with the bell hosing. Probably by about an inch, IIRC.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the TC is bolted to the flywheel all the way and therefore #1. is ruled out...
We did not torque it down, but just tightened it down some, then stopped with 1mm left to go. Would it already be messed up? If so, how much does the pump cost?

We cant turn the crank over btw... we used to be bale to, but now we cant... perhaps we will try outting theTC onto the tranny first them put the engine in.
Should we go ahead and replace the pump?

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I assume you got it on and goin'?

When you put the TC on the tranny - it should go on the shaft, turn, go in more, then turn again - this will put the TC a half inch(ish) "below" the bellhousing of the tranny.

Bill

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
RAWPOWER said:
Put the TC on the tranny first, worked well... hes at home hooking up all the ghey EFI stuff now...
Ah....
A Carb Monkey, that explains it :thumbup

:goodfinge

1 - 13 of 13 Posts